dino problem

There was a really good thread where Aaron from SPS chimed in with some great advice.

I dosed h2o2 and it took care of the problem for me. Others have claimed raising pH, black out, skimming wet, water changes/no water changes.

good luck. Research, there is a lot of attempts and many have been successful though not all :|

yes i have red dosing hydrogen peroxide works. some people said water changes have made the dinos worse. i did a couple of water changes and mine is still there so maybe ill try dosing the peroxide. thanks for the input!

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
yes i have red dosing hydrogen peroxide works. some people said water changes have made the dinos worse. i did a couple of water changes and mine is still there so maybe ill try dosing the peroxide. thanks for the input!
I'm trying Aarons suggestion right now. My bloom was getting bad and smothering coral. So I did a 3 day total black out. Tank was crystal clear afterwards. I'm now trying to raise my ph with kalkwasser, to 8.5-8.7 to kill off any dinos lingering behind.

Blackouts have work 3x for me. Just don't be suprised if at the end of it, a hardier algae like GHA, bryopsis or cyanobacteria emerges. Those dinos suck up excess nutrients like crazy and once they are gone something usually takes it spot in my experience.

Latest posts