Any programmers/engineers want to help build a controller?

organism

2020 POTM
I've been putting together the requirements document for a pretty decent controller that can go beyond what's out there today and have come to the conclusion that there is 0% chance I can build it myself within a year, so I'm hoping there's other hackspace-minded people on here who are both geeky and bored. I'm looking to go beyond what today's controllers do, everything's going to be open source and the tutorial to build it goes out free to the hobbyist community. Controller is probably going to be a LinkIt ONE combined with an Arduino or Edison board depending on the team, so coding is in C but the API's are pretty streamlined.

Not sure if I'll get any replies but pm with your skill set if interested :)

mark.a.smith405

Premium Member
Supporter
If used arduino before but I'm not sure how much help I can be. It was basic programming for an RC car. Either way, anyway I can help I'd love to. I also believe it's possible to put a much better controller out!

organism

2020 POTM
If used arduino before but I'm not sure how much help I can be. It was basic programming for an RC car. Either way, anyway I can help I'd love to. I also believe it's possible to put a much better controller out!
Awesome! I'm going to need all levels of programming and since you know the IDE that's great, I'll let you know once I start piecing everything together. The issue is I can write the majority of the software but not the OS, so I'm tracking down a lot of different GitHub stuff to make it work.

organism

2020 POTM
After sitting down with a friend and writing down a lot of different functionalities we came up with some innovative ideas that changed the focus of the project. If anyone wants to contribute their skills as a partner to design a for-profit controller I need someone very good with electronics (ie 0-1.8V -> 0-12V MOSFET are going to be the easiest thing on there) and could use one more coder who knows Arduino IDE. We might make $0 and waste a lot of time, or it might take off and this thread will live as a huge missed opportunity for people who didn't get in on the ground floor. With some of the stuff we came up with my guess is the latter.

I'm a second year undergrad at ucsd majoring in computer science; I may not know much I am interested in participating. I am willing to pick up any skills necessary!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts