Best way to rinse sand?

I have 40 lbs of CaribSea dry Aragonite Special grade reef sand that I need to rinse. Seeing that we live in SOCAL and need to be water conscience, what is the best way to rinse the sand? I am putting it into a new tank that will be cycled for a month at least if that makes any difference in the response.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I always rinse in a bucket with tap water. If you have a lawn, maybe move it to several spots so it can count as watering for the week. Or use smaller containers and rinse over your plants? I'm not sure if a skimmer would pull it out during the cycle. It's light and fine stuff so maybe.

i've heard of people washing it out in a pillow case... seems like more work IMO..

i have a 20g deep narrow trash can that i use... put 20lbs at a time, and you'll be good... hit it with a water hose on jet setting... move it around with a stick or something... waste like 800 gallons doing so.. LOL...

I always rinse in a bucket with tap water. If you have a lawn, maybe move it to several spots so it can count as watering for the week. Or use smaller containers and rinse over your plants? I'm not sure if a skimmer would pull it out during the cycle. It's light and fine stuff so maybe.
I will give this a shot, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk