Anyone purchase from BattleCorals on R2R?

I am starting to do my research for when I am ready to purchase corals next month. I came across BattleCorals on R2R. I was curious if anyone here has purchased from him or known of anyone that has to get feedback?

Very nice healed Frags and his prices on SPS are not to hyped and crazy. When you are ready next month? I would recommend letting a tank cook and come into its own for 6 months to a year before I paid a premium for nice SPS. If you are starting with Live Rock this time can be less, but if Dry it took almost 2 years for my tank to start rocking.

Very nice healed Frags and his prices on SPS are not to hyped and crazy. When you are ready next month? I would recommend letting a tank cook and come into its own for 6 months to a year before I paid a premium for nice SPS. If you are starting with Live Rock this time can be less, but if Dry it took almost 2 years for my tank to start rocking.
What are signs your tank is ready besides having all the parameters in line? I am using a mix of live/dry rocks as well as the Reef Mature Pro kit from Red Sea.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
WOW. looking at this website and his threads on R2R, his prices don't seem very expensive and for good size frags.

Both Battle Corals and Rocky Mountain Frags are very solid SPS vendors I highly recommend! If you can grow some freebies from friends here on the board you are ready, I would suggest patience or everything you buy will die and you will have to spend the same money the second time around. SPS needs perfect water quality, light, and Luck. If you mess one thing up it is in a decline that takes months to recover from. I would recommend your tank to have the fish you want and be on cruise control before you invest in expensive corals.

Both Battle Corals and Rocky Mountain Frags are very solid SPS vendors I highly recommend! If you can grow some freebies from friends here on the board you are ready, I would suggest patience or everything you buy will die and you will have to spend the same money the second time around. SPS needs perfect water quality, light, and Luck. If you mess one thing up it is in a decline that takes months to recover from. I would recommend your tank to have the fish you want and be on cruise control before you invest in expensive corals.
Okay, sounds good. Appreciate the advice.

Okay, sounds good. Appreciate the advice.

Mine was the Green Slimer as well, went from a dingy brownish green to a bright green with great polyp extension. When you think you are ready for SPS or you need a test coral hit me up my Green Slimmer is free to anyone who needs a starter test coral.

Latest posts