IM Nuvo 20 Build!

Wankel

Supporter
Small update, haven't needed the chiller yet, will probably plumb it in once I find a nice stand for it after we move in a few months. On a side note I noticed AGE had their temp for the center display at like 74 when I was there today, thought that was a bit odd?

Picked up some SPS and a plate from [MENTION=8824]beta110[/MENTION] thanks Jaime! Coral seems to be doing well, params are stable despite not hooking up the GHL Doser yet, not much consumption going on yet though so no need until I add some more coral.

Picked up a Korallen-Zucht ZEOvit Nano Power Package and some Coral Snow to go along with it.

Last edited:

newe70

2020 Philanthropist
The KZ Coral Snow will sparkle up ur tank water...you probably will see how crystal and clear the tank's water after 3-4 doses. I would recommend to dose it when the light is out, as it causes the water very cloudy.

Hey [MENTION=5860]Wankel[/MENTION], I'm joining the club! I just ordered a Nuvo 20. Now I gotta find a stand that doesn't cost as much as the tank. How's your nano doing?

Wankel

Supporter
Hey [MENTION=5860]Wankel[/MENTION], I'm joining the club! I just ordered a Nuvo 20. Now I gotta find a stand that doesn't cost as much as the tank. How's your nano doing?
Nice man! You dont want to know how mine is doing, I got some nasty algae from some frags and it spread like wildfire, probably going to break it down and start over with ordered liverock.

Wankel

Supporter
No progress started over fresh, got rid of some equipment. We moved and the tank was heavily neglected because I caught NASTY algae from some frags I bought at a store. We now have space to properly maintain the tank, here's a fresh shot.

Added a MJ1200 for a return, will probably add another and get rid of the Y, and then put 2 spinstreams on it. No need for a powerhead fan, got rid of the MP10w. Not sure if im going to do FOWLR or get back into corals, I do have the Doser still so I am leaning towards coral. Only have 1 clown and the red lined wrasse left.

Last edited:

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Can't wait to see the progress on the fresh start... Ever have issues with that ATO? Mine always seams to have issues on my Nuvo 10.

Wankel

Supporter

Wankel

Supporter
Can't wait to see the progress on the fresh start... Ever have issues with that ATO? Mine always seams to have issues on my Nuvo 10.
ATO? It's been great, I didn't have any head flow issues because the top off container was level with the tank. I will be getting an acrylic tank made to hold my top off water and put it in one of the cubbies below, but I don't think it will have any issues making it that small distance.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
ATO? It's been great, I didn't have any head flow issues because the top off container was level with the tank. I will be getting an acrylic tank made to hold my top off water and put it in one of the cubbies below, but I don't think it will have any issues making it that small distance.
Your still using the tunze osmolator nano right? The issue's I have been having is it overflowing the tank from time to time. I also just had to have Tunze replace my controller unit as it went out. They have a great warranty department.

Wankel

Supporter
Your still using the tunze osmolator nano right? The issue's I have been having is it overflowing the tank from time to time. I also just had to have Tunze replace my controller unit as it went out. They have a great warranty department.
Yeah same one, that's good to know. It does have the mechanical floats, mine has the auto cutoff after a few minutes though, doesn't yours?

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah same one, that's good to know. It does have the mechanical floats, mine has the auto cutoff after a few minutes though, doesn't yours?
The first one I had the auto cut off did not work. I'm came into work a few times with my desk wet and my ato container empty. The new one seams to have it and works as I came in this am to work and it was going on-off-on-off so it's obvious it works. Need to figure out what's up with the new float.

Wankel

Supporter
Rebooted AGAIN! hahaha, my Radion took a crap on me, sent it in for repair and they hooked me up, huge props to EcoTech, amazing customer service!

And we moved again too, back to Torrance. Ill post updates once I get it going with some coral.

Wankel

Supporter
Thanks, first problem to solve is fixing the microbubbles that I couldn't see without a working light on the tank! hahaha ****...