"Branching GSP"?

Nice one Jesse! These are branching gsp or Briareum Sp. Some people call them encrusting gorgonian but I think it's more star polyp. All the gorgonian I've had in the past all grew branches out whereas these branching gsp will grow flat and encrust first and when they run out of room they merge together and roll up into branches. They are also much brighter than other gsp.

Should be a lot of people around the socal area with these now because I gave them out to a lot of people. Had to cut the branches off all the time since I didn't want them to reach the rocks with other corals. Hands down one of my favorite corals.

Well I got a regular gsp frag about a year ago from Jayson as regular gsp. It covered about 3 rocks within that time frame & I noticed that once there is no where else to lay its mat it rolls up & grows out. I thought this was the case with all gsp either way I gave a bunch away too. I'll post a pic tmrw when lights are on.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Nice one Jesse! These are branching gsp or Briareum Sp. Some people call them encrusting gorgonian but I think it's more star polyp. All the gorgonian I've had in the past all grew branches out whereas these branching gsp will grow flat and encrust first and when they run out of room they merge together and roll up into branches. They are also much brighter than other gsp.

Should be a lot of people around the socal area with these now because I gave them out to a lot of people. Had to cut the branches off all the time since I didn't want them to reach the rocks with other corals. Hands down one of my favorite corals.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist