Recommendations for 150gal Peninsula Tank setup

trojan_48

Premium Member
Supporter
Hello, I have a 150g peninsula. my dimensions are 60x24x24. my overflow is on the right as the left is in full view when you walk through the front door. I really love the gyre because it pulls water to the opposite side of the tank and i can place it at the very top so no pumps or wires show. That was the most important thing to me. Aside from the gyre i run 2 mp40s at about 30%. I prefer a lot of indirect flow and it clears my tank quickly. heres a pic and a video of the gyre. old but still applies to what you wanted to see. I also had it pointed way too high so thats why it created air bubbles.

https://youtu.be/WiXZ8dtCNLc
Nice!!! Thank you, this is what I wanted to see. Now do you think a 30gal sump is too small? I have a brand new AA 35x14x15 I can use but not sure if it's too small. Steve said it'll be fine and with the overflow it will be large enough not too flood

trojan_48

Premium Member
Supporter
What's your guys take on canopy vs no canopy? I love having the open top with screen my 100gal has, but a canopy is less messy and can hide a lot of wiring and stuff up top. Haha

What's your guys take on canopy vs no canopy? I love having the open top with screen my 100gal has, but a canopy is less messy and can hide a lot of wiring and stuff up top. Haha
I have a solid 60"x24" wood canopy that's painted in black. You can have it for $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
my canopy actually floats but when i added the t5s i dropped it down because it spilled too much light. its about 3 inches away from the tank and i can just push it out of the way for service or feeding.

30g sump seems small but anything is better than nothing. I would go larger if you can. its purpose is meant to house your equipment.

My new tank is going to be a 36x48x20 peninsula with synergy ghost overflow. Dual returns and then two gyre 150's on the back sandwiching the ghost overflow. The synergy ghost is just too **** sexy. Also eurobraced.

Latest posts