Spark's 50g SPS Dominated Cube

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Nite and day difference in skim mate with the new skimmer. So happy with the upgrades and it's only been 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Spark's 50g SPS Cube

Update: When I set up the new sump on Saturday I also switched out my carbon for bio pellets and stopped vodka dosing. Just did a water test tonight and I'm at zero po4/no3. At the same time I also ran tests on my cal/Alk 400/8.4. Now hopefully everything will stay right there or at least my cal will come up a little along with my no3 and po4 a tad.

Last edited:

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Looking good mike. How you liking that urchin? I've been going back and forth on getting one to help clean up GHA.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking good mike. How you liking that urchin? I've been going back and forth on getting one to help clean up GHA.
He is actually pretty cool. Only thing I don't like is he will pick up small frags and move them.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Tank Update: So 2 weeks ago I discovered why I was fighting so much with red slime. My RODI was showing no TDS but was making me water with .17 PO4. So I went to work and changing out everything including the membrane. As I was changing all the filters in it I decided that I also wanted to upgrade it, so now I'm making 150 gallons a day plus I've added an extra carbon and di stage. All in all my RODI is now up to 7 stages.

I am about a week in to using it now and I'm already noticing a big difference in my system. Red slime is almost all gone. What use to be a heavy mate that I had to blow off the rocks is now a thin mate that I can syphon out. No more growth on my sand bed. But the most positive change I have noticed is I've had to increase my dosing by 50% in the last week and corals that where being suffocated by the red slime are now starting to explode with growth. Example: My birds nest mini colony that I picked up half dead and was getting killed by the red slime now only has one tip bleach and the rest are all full of polyps again.

I'll try and post up some photos next time I am home during the peak of my photo period.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Screw it I turned the lights on just for you guys!

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Spark's 50g SPS Cube

New toys came in today.

Time to go home and install these.

Last edited:

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Anyone have one of these Swabbies from Avast? If so did you trim your squeegee and did the arm of it just slightly touch the acrylic? I am thinking about grinding down the plastic just a tad so it does not rub on the other side of the acrylic when it rotates.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Moved some of my SPS around a little bit since my hands where in there tonight doing a water change and syphoning some more read slime again.

[video=youtube;JIpRv7xFpzg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIpRv7xFpzg[/video]

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
So I checkout Two Guys Corals tonight with SCRK. Man they have some super nice corals. Here is a photo of my new priced coral haha. Hopefully it grows out as nice as the colony they had. Great place to check out.

RR Ultimate Rainbow Passion by Mike, on Flickr

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Been working on this project all weekend and it is finally done. After months of figuring out how I wanted it I've built my canopy and it's now up in the air over the tank.

Canopy by Mike, on Flickr

Last edited:

BeanMachine

Supporter
Awesome pictures bro. Come over for some free frags and bring your camera so I can sell the rest. Pretty please?

Latest posts