Is This Safe?

So I bought a used Innovative Marine Nuvo Micro 30. These were the earlier models with the infamous false wall separation. I bought it used knowing I was going to take out their false wall and silicone in my own and redo the vinyl wrapping in the rear.

Well...after taking out the false wall and removing the rear white sticker/vinyl I discovered that the bottom right rear side corner is chipped. More importantly, the silicone seam near the chip appears to have some air pocket creeping up from the bottom to the inner tank portions.

Is this safe? Do I have to remove the bottom pane and re-silicone?

The corner chip

Air pockets on silicone seal

Another angle

Yes I inspected before purchase but obviously I can't see that chip nor the silicone seal because the entire rear glass and about 25% of the side rears are covered in IM's white (or black) vinyl/sticker.

In defense of the seller, he wouldn't have known or seen this either. The seller did say it has been in storage and he did leak test prior to selling to me and it did not leak...

Tracy

How does the seal look inside ? I would just fill it with seal after cleaning it up wipe it off w alcoholic before you seal it

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I ended up cutting a thicker piece of glass (3/8 in) and siliconed it to the bottom edges. It now has a beefed up bottom and no worries that the original seals will leak.

Latest posts