Spark's Desk Cube

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Friday I added Garf Bonsai, Sun Burst Monti, and 2 turbo snails to this tank. Came into the office today with some nice polyp extension and 90% of all the GHA gone. Also stopped in the office Saturday and fed my RBTA. Today the nem is happy looking then I have ever seen. Water is crystal clear and it looks like I have some coralline starting to grow on my one dry piece of rock that was added last month. Now if these clowns would host grrr!
Just give it time, they will eventually. Mine aren't hosting yet, hopefully soon!

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Thats what I am doing. Plus I just put my iPad up to the tank glass cycling threw photos of clowns hosting.
hahaha I remember when I tried that, no lie in a week they were hosting.... so idk if it worked or not.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
hahaha I remember when I tried that, no lie in a week they were hosting.... so idk if it worked or not.
Yea I have read mixed reviews on it. They have been with the RBTA for well over a month. Figured it was time to give it a try.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Will do. Hows your office tank doing. I just read your latest post on the AI Prime. Looking good!
Yeah I took those pics today so everything is doing pretty well. Haven't started dosing. It seems my skimmer, fuge and weekly water changes are keeping everything happy! We'll see... was thinking of switching to t5s but idk I'll probably give the AI Prime more time.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I took those pics today so everything is doing pretty well. Haven't started dosing. It seems my skimmer, fuge and weekly water changes are keeping everything happy! We'll see... was thinking of switching to t5s but idk I'll probably give the AI Prime more time.
I thought about t5's as I feel like this par38 bulb is a little to much at time. Biggest issues I have is the smallest t5 fixture is 2x the length of my tank. Whats your alk and cal swing right now? I have not even started testing mine yet and I am doing 1-2 gallons of water every week currently.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
I thought about t5's as I feel like this par38 bulb is a little to much at time. Biggest issues I have is the smallest t5 fixture is 2x the length of my tank. Whats your alk and cal swing right now? I have not even started testing mine yet and I am doing 1-2 gallons of water every week currently.
Haven't tested either lol i feel that when i test i worry too much about levels and make things worse. I just check my corals everyday if i see something is wrong i test...

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
So I took Friday off work and went to Vegas with the wife over the weekend. Before I left I put a fan on the tank to help with the high temps this past weekend and did my normal water changes and made sure the tank was fully operational. When I got back to the office yesterday morning I took one look at the tank and went into emergency mode. ATO bucket was full but the back of the tank was dry and about 1/4 of the water in the display section was gone and absolutely no water movement. Tapped on my float valve for the ato and it kicked on and started filling the tank back up. Needless to say I lost just about everything but a snail and the clown fish. Hopping my urchin pulls through but its not looking good and I may just pull it out. As far as my corals, I had pulled out my 2 nice pieces before the trip and moved them to the tank at home so they where good. My mini colony in the photo in my previous post is gone and the garf bonsai is gone. Anyways i'll be running it without a ton of stuff in it tell at least next month as I will be moving desk areas soon but it sucks to see everything go.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Picked up a new RBTA on Tuesday night.... Check out this video!

[video]https://youtu.be/xv99-FtOb2E[/video]

Last edited:

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
So this tank has been a rollercoaster ride since I set it up. I have had issues with my ATO over filling the tank, lights failing, fish carpet surfing, and algae blooms. Everything seems to be getting back in check now after spending the last month working with it. I did have a hiccup Thanksgiving weekend with leaving the lights on for the whole weekend (oops) and now I am fighting hair algae again. But the coral's seem fine and I am about to actually move my nem back into the tank (been sitting in my 50 at home to color back up and be happy).

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Update: This is the only tank I still have set up at the moment. Good news though is it got some much needed TLC this past week as I lost my one and only clown fish that was still kicking. It's so hard to keep up with a little tank in the office. Anyways, I gutted the whole tank. It's got new water, new sand, new rock's new rockscape, a skimmer finaly and a media reactor. Maybe this time around I can keep up with the maitnence now that I have some help. We are 3 days into the cycle (dont think it will be long as I did add some filter media that was in it before) and I am getting ready to start filling it soon. Here are some photos of the current rockscape.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
Let the hitchhiker discovery start. First up looks like a brown poly. Hmmm guess it will be the first tester coral. If it stays brown Ill be eradicating them.

Latest posts