Always take pictures before you sell..

Just a side note.. Take pictures before selling off a frag of whatever you have.. Its annoying for people to complain and say the frag never made it but the rest did! Maybe check your water parameters or even placement of the frag.. I've bought so many different stuff and some turn out great and some just don't want to grow or even open.. Short story take pictures before trading or selling before jackass people try blaming you for something that you did not do wrong. Its only common sense if it left the tank healthy and open and went to another system not opening maybe it was just your tank.

Wankel

Supporter
That wouldn't do much if you think about it, even if someones tank is successful the frag can still die going from one successful tank to another, its up to you to replace it or not. I tried buying some starburst monti once, just couldn't keep it alive, was offered twice a replacement (because the seller was a stand up person) but I declined after the second try because I didn't want to take any more of it just to have it die. Its a mutual respect/agreement between the parties, if they take it the wrong way, don't do business with them any more.

That wouldn't do much if you think about it, even if someones tank is successful the frag can still die going from one successful tank to another, its up to you to replace it or not. I tried buying some starburst monti once, just couldn't keep it alive, was offered twice a replacement (because the seller was a stand up person) but I declined after the second try because I didn't want to take any more of it just to have it die. Its a mutual respect/agreement between the parties, if they take it the wrong way, don't do business with them any more.
I definitely understand but when one starts pointing the fingers of it not making it and starts to talk smack that's a different story.. And on the other hand if I had a replacement I'd go ahead and do that.. But let's not forget the fact that I had given extra frags out of me being nice cause I was breaking down... But yet he wants to point his finger thinking I am at fault and I want to make a quick sale.. Plz I got no time for that bs I am not like that one reefer jcorale who said he doesn't do fresh cuts and sure enough they were fresh cuts lol

Wankel

Supporter
Well yeah then I would have to agree with you 100%, I hate to see this hobby bring out the shady people but it happens all too frequently when it comes to FS threads.

I always take a photo before they arrive with time and date stamp. I even send to them as a courtesy saying here. It's healthy. Maybe even write their screen name down and hold it in front of the tank for photo so they don't give you bs saying its and old picture or what not.

Man, it's silly how entitled people feel nowadays. Just because large online store give replacement frags/fish, doesn't mean a hobbyist has to. Those stores grow multiple frags and have a large revenue stream, compared to a hobbyist who is just selling individual frags. My logic is that if the frag looks healthy in the seller's tank and it dies in my care, then it's my fault and I have no right to ask for anything from the seller. That's just the risk of buying coral, especially fish. But then you have people who feel they have a right to ask for something back because it died on them. Give me a break! If you're not prepared to deal with the risk, then buy online with a guarantee and pay the extra money. You should know what you're buying into before you make your purchase. Kudos to those sellers that offer replacements, but it should not be a God given right that you should. Like I said, people feel feel too entitled nowadays, like you owe them something. It's ridiculous. This is probably why I hoard things, I just don't want to deal with people like that.

That sucks, i feel if someone is shady enough to be dishonest it doesn't matter how many pics you have taken prior to selling your piece if they are going to bamboozle you its going to happen regardless. That being said i like texting or pming prior to the deal being complete and I assure people in writing that once you take the piece, I'm out. be as it may that they have seen it in my tank doing well or if they made the choice to meet up and swap thats on them. most of us don't have a second piece that we can part with and thats that!!

Well honestly its your own option to buy it or not, so if you buy it youve deemed it worthy enough to pay for it, or why else would you pay for something that doesnt look healthy or dont think it will make it in your tank...

Man, it's silly how entitled people feel nowadays. Just because large online store give replacement frags/fish, doesn't mean a hobbyist has to. Those stores grow multiple frags and have a large revenue stream, compared to a hobbyist who is just selling individual frags. My logic is that if the frag looks healthy in the seller's tank and it dies in my care, then it's my fault and I have no right to ask for anything from the seller. That's just the risk of buying coral, especially fish. But then you have people who feel they have a right to ask for something back because it died on them. Give me a break! If you're not prepared to deal with the risk, then buy online with a guarantee and pay the extra money. You should know what you're buying into before you make your purchase. Kudos to those sellers that offer replacements, but it should not be a God given right that you should. Like I said, people feel feel too entitled nowadays, like you owe them something. It's ridiculous. This is probably why I hoard things, I just don't want to deal with people like that.
I agree. If there is no guarantees, it's the buyer's problem. It doesnt matter if it looks healthy or not, if you've seen it in person and decide it's good enough to buy it then it's yours. I think there may be some wiggle room for fish or dry goods... Unless the seller doesnt mind the buyer sticking around a couple of hours to check them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to see others opinions and perspectives.. I don't mind if its against my opinion or not. But I just felt I needed to put this thing out there.. I gave the guy a break by giving him a very decent price and to top it all off I gave him a few extras. Might I add I had took a picture of the frag the day off it being bagged of it being open and from my knowledge there is no way to edit the day and time on a phones pictures as well.. AIso I gave him advise of placements and where mines was placed in my tank when he asked. I told him what other reefers had told me in the past which is give a few days even a week for it to acclimate if anything.. I'm sorry if things didn't happen in that persons tank. But if it didn't don't be a ***** and cry and say I did not reply.. I'm sorry I haven't been on socali to reply to his bjtch ***. But now that I have time I'm going to not just reply but I will also post a nonsense thread just for his *** to see others opinions and not just mines

Latest posts