How would you feel?

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
I don't know where all of you shop, but I find deals everywhere I go, check out what I found today! The price will probably go up a week or two lol

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
I was wondering when someone would finally pipe in on that one, LOL.

(Poor Sahn, I think I traumatized him in the AR thread)
Come-on man, you're an 11-polyp 20k Alpha dog, dude!
(pounds chest) Respect! :kiss:
lol.........

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
I was wondering when someone would finally pipe in on that one, LOL.

(Poor Sahn, I think I traumatized him in the AR thread)
Come-on man, you're an 11-polyp 20k Alpha dog, dude!
(pounds chest) Respect! :kiss:
lol.........

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
Corals are a lot like dog, horses, cattle and other prized animals. Spectacular specimens and their offspring fetch a higher price. It is what it is. AKC is no different.

BTW, since you mentioned terrier... ever heard of Jack Russell.
got to be careful with akc now. it can be bought.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
Corals are a lot like dog, horses, cattle and other prized animals. Spectacular specimens and their offspring fetch a higher price. It is what it is. AKC is no different.

got to be careful with akc now. it can be bought.

Yup... You can buy a 10 dollar dwarf rabbit at the pet shop for a 200 dollar I've at a breeder.... I got my bunny without papers from a breeder for 80... Lol...

you get what you pay for man...

Sent from my LG G4 Note using Tapatalk

Not true regarding dogs. I also breed bulldogs and would not mix my dogs with just any papered dog..allot of "papered" dogs lack allot of qualities found in the breed. Not same with coral, if you buy from a trusted reefer i believe the coral you purchase is what he/she claims.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Not true regarding dogs. I also breed bulldogs and would not mix my dogs with just any papered dog..allot of "papered" dogs lack allot of qualities found in the breed. Not same with coral, if you buy from a trusted reefer i believe the coral you purchase is what he/she claims.

Would not a dog that has competed in multiple AKC dog show's and won best of show a few times fetch a higher price for it's offspring? Command higher stud fees? Like i said it's the same. I am just saying that a premium colored specimen is going to fetch a higher dollar as it erases doubt! just because a dog has papers, it not the same as one that has a proven record.

Would not a dog that has competed in multiple AKC dog show's and won best of show a few times fetch a higher price for it's offspring? Command higher stud fees? Like i said it's the same. I am just saying that a premium colored specimen is going to fetch a higher dollar as it erases doubt! just because a dog has papers, it not the same as one that has a proven record.

There is a huge difference,

that difference is accountability.

Without a governing entity there exists no accountability nor even consistency in quality of product.

Given the amount of money exchanging hands now for what is being touted as "premium" corals, the inevitable outcome is larceny and fraud.

Anyone can claim rare and exotic attributes; let the buyer beware best describes the rule of thumb here.....

but to claim a higher price based on LINEAGE or an attachment of any other claim of commodity demands governance beyond one's "word" or honor.

Last edited:
Yup... You can buy a 10 dollar dwarf rabbit at the pet shop for a 200 dollar I've at a breeder.... I got my bunny without papers from a breeder for 80... Lol...

you get what you pay for man...

Sent from my LG G4 Note using Tapatalk
My wife Tammy one day brought home two "sister" bunnies from a local feed store here in Little Saigon (old school barn-based business that looks like it belongs in the 18th Century) I had to remind her what type of business it was: Not a pet store, but a FEED store (them bunnies weren't exactly destined to be pets, LOL!)

In any case, the two "sisters" turned out to be brother and sister (young bunnies are particularly difficult to determine gender accurately)
Those two turned into a litter of eight and sure enough we ended up giving most of them away. We kept one so as to have a "family" of three.
Those three rabbits turned into the best pets I've have in all 50 years of my existence. We even installed a small doggy door whereas they could come into the living room to sleep at night. (they never disrespected their sleepin' spot....never soiled our floor....they left out the doggy door to stay outdoors all day long and only came in at night)

When the mother finally passed away (about a year ago) I had the unfortunate task of building a wood box and burying her in our backyard with all the others. Burying this animal is the only time my wife has seen me openly cry. I bawled like a freakin' girl scout who just had her thin mints stolen, no worse! So anyway, moral of the story is that dollars paid is entirely irrelevant to value received. I think Tammy paid $4 apiece for two of the best pets of our entire lives.

Latest posts