Looking for a reef safe angelfish?

My Potter's Angel has been a model citizen with corals. He loves picking on rocks for algae and he loves any kind of frozen food I throw at him.

https://youtu.be/dJME7a5I6M4
I kinda miss my swallowtails but kinda got bored of them because they ate reef safe and I have my fowlr so figured I'll end up with non reef safe angels better

* Loveland Fish Sales * Follow Sponsor Thread On SCR * Subscribe On YouTube *

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
I have had a Coral Beauty for about a year now and a Bellus for 9 months with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love bellus Angels, and they are as sure bet as they come for being reef safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My regal and moorish idol eat LPS. ;[ They all eat three times a day. Frozen once a day and pellets twice a day via auto feeder. But when I used to feed heavier than that and more variety, I noticed they didn't pick on anything. So sometimes, I think feeding heavy and keeping their bellies full prevents the inevitable...just my experience though. Funny thing is that my regal ONLY eats pellets and not frozen, but maybe he's not getting enough pellets and he resorts to LPS.

Loumaggs

My regal and moorish idol eat LPS. ;[ They all eat three times a day. Frozen once a day and pellets twice a day via auto feeder. But when I used to feed heavier than that and more variety, I noticed they didn't pick on anything. So sometimes, I think feeding heavy and keeping their bellies full prevents the inevitable...just my experience though. Funny thing is that my regal ONLY eats pellets and not frozen, but maybe he's not getting enough pellets and he resorts to LPS.
Shame two amazing fish...good they are eating... just a pain they are sometimes eating the wrong thing :p

I don't think any angel is reef safe. Like wraases, they should come with a caution label.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ivan

Featured Reef
I don't think angel are reefsafe but you can get lucky and control there appetite by feeding heavy. If you don't mind see your corals pick here and there like me get what you like :)

The Bellus have always been safe for me. I have also had very good luck with Goldflake angels, with the exception of random acts of violence against only the most expensive zoas.

Currently I have a Bellus pair, Flame back pair, Venustus pair, Flame, Mutli-color, Regal, Trio of Golden and Multi-bar.

During the daytime with lights off the Goldens occasionally show up and nip at the bottoms of colonies but don't do any damage.

The multi-bar has been a great fish, but after 12+ months in the tank in 1 week it wiped out 3 small colonies of acans. I have softies, lps, and sps. And nothing gets picked on to the point of showing any marks.

Dave B

bellus are nice but $$$$
Come on guy, $80 for a nice fish... that's peanuts compared to what some spend on Angels.

My Bellus I've noticed will pick at the underside of my Efflo... nothing serious but a bit mark here and there. It also loves the slime coat from the corals at times so maybe that's what its eating rather than the coral flesh itself.

I like flame Angel, have good luck with it every tank I had.
Also Watanabi Angel.