shy fish that hasn't ate

I have a 100 gallon tank with a black clownfish. I just bought a white fish about 2 days ago.

He's really shy and he is usually hiding inside my rocks. He been out swimming along, but I wouldn't be home to feed him. He looks healthy. Is this bad? What should I do?

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
looks like a wrasse? I wouldn't panic yet. Give him a couple of days to adapt to its surrounding and it will eat if healthy. What are you feeding him? If only flakes and pellets, try froozen food or some live food like brine shrimp. You can also add garlic to the food to make it more appetizing.

thats a bi-color parrot fish. i had one of those several years ago. they eat sps, so I had him in a softies nano-cube.

feed it mysis, brine, raw shrimp (whole not blended), silversides (whole not blended), nori and an throw in some sps skeletons for it to munch on. pretty cool fishes.

Thanks. I'm just scared. I don't want him to die. Earlier for some reason over Labor day two of my two only corals denigrated, and two fish I just placed in died (coral beauty and a blenny). My sole survivors are that parrot fish and my black and white clownfish.

My clownfish hasn't been eating the frozen mysis shrimp lately, (swallowing it and spitting it out) so I'm going to try the garlic trick, hopefully it helps.

Latest posts