When you have to force your roommate to become a reefer...

I am leaving for Vegas for 6 days on Saturday. This comes at possibly the worst possible time lol. My fish are in the qt tank in copper going through the last 2 weeks of my 72 day fish less period in my display to fight off whatever was in the tank (ich or velvet). Had to explain to him to top of fresh rodi everyday so the copper level didn't become more concentrated, why fresh water gets used in a saltwater tank as top off and when and what to feed. On top of that all, my Doser is off line right now so I have my alk, cal and mag all pre proportioned and what to dose each day. At least my DT is on apex and has an Ato so at least I have a little bit of security. Wish me luck lol

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Oh ****, good luck! I'm sure it will go fine. DT for sure, QT kind of takes a trained eye to recognize problems sometimes but it sounds like they are pretty far into treatment and stable.

Remove as many variables from his hands as possible. Hide EVERYTHING he doesn't need to follow your directions. Cut your feedings in half while you're gone. Put a brand new bag of carbon in before you leave, and pray for the best!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Remove as many variables from his hands as possible. Hide EVERYTHING he doesn't need to follow your directions. Cut your feedings in half while you're gone. Put a brand new bag of carbon in before you leave, and pray for the best!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I have the food already in portions and what to feed each day. No carbon for now since the copper is running

"I just love coral reefs so much. I had to force my roomate to be a reefer. At first there was resistance, then inetrest, then acceptance. My roomate loves having a reef tank now, is good at it, and doesnt even wince anymore at the huge amount of $ involved. Yaaay!"

- Rayray's wife

Latest posts