Is that fat bastard Santa Claus a REEF GOD!?!

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I think so....
I ignored this time of the year meant for giving to others. Instead, I spent hundreds on reef goodies for my QT tank today. Including 17 nice & fat little red spot glass cardinal fish! I have been looking for these for a while now, and they were eating so when I saw them it was a done deal, i took the lot.
I lost 1 during drip and now 3 others are swimming upside down in qt soon to be goners. I did the slowest and most controlled dip I've ever done. Temp controlled, air stone and acclimated drip for hours.

That leaves me with 13 fish & 13 days until Xmas.......hmmmmmm.....I wonder how this'll play out? Santa, you sick bastard!

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Not too bad, $12 ea I'll be going through DD. Basically saved on shipping.

Wankel

Supporter
Thats what you get when you buy fish that look like they belong in a freshwater tank! Santa is definitely giving you COAL! :aetsch:

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
All but 2 died? Wow. You got them from divers den?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I got them from a LFS. They have a rep for being sensitive. I probably should have skipped the freshwater dip. Looked fine in the fw dip, didn't stress but maybe that's what did them in I really don't know.

I bought a group of 10 from DD for my 66. All lived for a few months, then my tank got wiped out with velvet.

If these 2 survive, I'll order a group from DD otherwise I'm over it.