What's this brown stuff on dry rock?

So I was going to do some re aqua scaping and got some dry rock from a few very generous reefers. One piece almost has a rust look to a little part of it. Keep in mind this is not live rock absolutely dead rock. What do yall think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought live rock recently and let it dry up. It had beautiful yellow sponge on it. After it dried up and I decided to use some of it what was once bright yellow turned black similar to this and much darker and deeper as well.

* Loveland Fish Sales * Follow Sponsor Thread On SCR * Subscribe On YouTube *

I bought live rock recently and let it dry up. It had beautiful yellow sponge on it. After it dried up and I decided to use some of it what was once bright yellow turned black similar to this and much darker and deeper as well.

Thanks

Interesting, yea I just Coudnt figure out what it could be. But that makes sense. Thanks Manny!

Thanks

Interesting, yea I just Coudnt figure out what it could be. But that makes sense. Thanks Manny!

np. I'm hoping it comes back to life, looked pretty nice when it was alive.

I got a nice little phosphate spike after adding the dry rock that I didn't cure long enough. I had it in water with bacteria for about 3 weeks, not long enough. Got .22 on the checker the other day. Woops.

dang thats some dirty rock mr bean
Wierd thing that my acros look great, but my zoas are not looking so hot... I have lost quite a few slowly the last 3 weeks. I haven't added any in a long time so doubt its a pest. I added some GFO last night and am going to do a water change tonight.

Latest posts