Dosing nube here, input needed!

So i decided to start dosing 2 part. Before I set my Doser up i suppose i should have an idea of what to do. so how long should i be measuring my calcium and alk before I can program it? Any input would be appreciated. Also iv never bought 2 part and recommended brands that pack major bang for your buck would be much appreciated.

I would test for a week or 2 and see how much your tank consume and take that average and compare it with the 2 part that you are using. Be conservative and get a basline and adjust from there. Esv is propably the most commonly used, but seachem Fusion is super concenntrated with better results IMO.

You need to figure out your daily uptake by testing. Do you have a doser? I would recommend using ME Corals Supliments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wankel

Supporter
I think you'll get mixed reviews on chemicals, I used to manually dose RedSea 2 part, but now im using ESV B-Ionic, I have seen a lot of good results from ESV thats why I went with them this time around.

I have the DOS, so i guess ill start testing tonight for alk and calcium to get a good idea of what my tank uses up.
You need to figure out your daily uptake by testing. Do you have a doser? I would recommend using ME Corals Supliments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, i guess ill get to testing!I deff love the more concentrated type of stuff just lasts longer.
I would test for a week or 2 and see how much your tank consume and take that average and cotmpare it with the 2 part that you are using. Be conservative and get a basline and adjust from there. Esv is propably the most commonly used, but seachem Fusion is super concenntrated with better results IMO.

Thanks ill have to do some research on all 2 parts
I think you'll get mixed reviews on chemicals, I used to manually dose RedSea 2 part, but now im using ESV B-Ionic, I have seen a lot of good results from ESV thats why I went with them this time around.

I've seen best results with ESV. Just be consistant...change is what kills everything/stresses everything out. Start out dosing less than what you think it should be. It's easier to correct by adding more, than overdose.