578 gal Fish Only Tank build!

Is the male banana wrasse aggressive towards anyone?
No he gets along fine with the others including a large orange shoulder wrasse. The only aggression I see so far is from my powder blue toward my gold rim tang. The two powder blue keep him pinned to the upper left corner of the tank

Dang great job! Did you have to do anything special to not have much aggression with the achilles?

* Loveland Fish Sales * Follow Sponsor Thread On SCR * Subscribe On YouTube *

Dang great job! Did you have to do anything special to not have much aggression with the achilles?

Nope I threw them all in pretty much the same time. I got lucky I guess. I observed more aggression between my powder blues. I started with 8 now I only have 3 :( but most of the ones that died are from some diseases. The Achilles seem pretty mellow. They do chase each other for a few brief seconds but other than that they're just cruising around

Sick fowlr! only 3 powder blues left out of the originals ? Deng that's a bummer..they look great together. Curious if you QT with a tank that size?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Nope I threw them all in pretty much the same time. I got lucky I guess. I observed more aggression between my powder blues. I started with 8 now I only have 3 :( but most of the ones that died are from some diseases. The Achilles seem pretty mellow. They do chase each other for a few brief seconds but other than that they're just cruising around
Awesome! Got me contemplating a bigger tank even more now lol

Sick fowlr! only 3 powder blues left out of the originals ? Deng that's a bummer..they look great together. Curious if you QT with a tank that size?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I treat them with Cupramine and praprizo in the display. Don't have a QT system big enough to hold them all

Just added this monster size hybrid Achilles to my FOWLER. Hopefully he get along with the rest. So far only some mild aggression with my sohal tang and my large Achilles. They're both around 8 inches!
image.jpg
My almost foot long golden puffer. This guy has a powerful bite with his big two sharp front teeth! How do I know ? Lol he once bit off the wooden chopsticks I used to hold the shrimp to feed him.... Now I just feed him hard frozen shrimp straight from the freezer and his teeth still slide thru t like butter:)
image.jpg
My clown trigger has also gotten so big. He was about 2.5 inches when I got him back in March this year. He's probably a good 5.inches now
image.jpg

Last edited:

Lexusman25

Premium Member
Supporter
Just added this monster size hybrid Achilles to my FOWLER. Hopefully he get along with the rest. So far only some mild aggression with my sohal tang and my large Achilles. They're both around 8 inches!
View attachment 54676
My almost foot long golden puffer. This guy has a powerful bite with his big two sharp front teeth! How do I know ? Lol he once bit off the wooden chopsticks I used to hold the shrimp to feed him.... Now I just feed him hard frozen shrimp straight from the freezer and his teeth still slide thru t like butter:)
View attachment 54677
My clown trigger has also gotten so big. He was about 2.5 inches when I got him back in March this year. He's probably a good 5.inches now
View attachment 54678
Great looking fish! Does the clown trigger play nice with everyone? Definitely my dream fish!

So it's been more than 3 weeks and the aggression between my Achille and Achille hybrid has gone down quite a bit. In the first week the Achille was basically trying to pin the hybrid in the corner and not let him move or eat. So I removed the Achille and put him in a "time out" holding tank for a week then re-introduced him. That seems to reduce his aggression. Now going on one week after re-introduction he seems to tolerate the hybrid more. They do their tail flashing occasionally but nothing bad. Hopefully it will continue to get better:)
https://vimeo.com/189080602

Last edited:

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
So it's been more than 3 weeks and the aggression between my Achille and Achille hybrid has gone down quite a bit. In the first week the Achille was basically trying to pin the hybrid in the corner and not let him move or eat. So I removed the Achille and put him in a "time out" holding tank for a week then re-introduced him. That seems to reduce his aggression. Now going on one week after re-introduction he seems to tolerate the hybrid more. They do their tail flashing occasionally but nothing bad. Hopefully it will continue to get better:)
https://vimeo.com/189080602
Your tangs are beautiful. I'm a fish guy and its rare when i like a tank that much lol hopefully he chills. My hybrid been a model citizen until recently he is chasing both of my blue tangs... lol

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Your tangs are beautiful. I'm a fish guy and its rare when i like a tank that much lol hopefully he chills. My hybrid been a model citizen until recently he is chasing both of my blue tangs... lol

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Thanks man! Just make sure they are well fed. I feed my fishes heavily:)

No angels?

How do the tangs get along?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No angels. I tried a few but they always got beat up and died. I need to get a gangster Angel lol
The tangs are getting along ok but lately I noticed more aggression between them especially from the sohal as theyy all got bigger in size

Last edited:

Latest posts