Smite's 100 gallon

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter

How is this acro doing? I think I got the same piece, still, I don't know the name.

Mine:

They look similar huh?!

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM

How is this acro doing? I think I got the same piece, still, I don't know the name.

Mine:

They look similar huh?!
Now THAT would be a pleasant surprise! ;)

That piece is still alive but taking it's sweet time recovering from my cyano treatment issue beginning of this year. Mostly green but has constant "chaulky" tips like it's nutrient deprived. It's strange and 1 other piece is acting the same and I have nutrients in my tank. Can't figure it out.

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Now THAT would be a pleasant surprise! ;)

That piece is still alive but taking it's sweet time recovering from my cyano treatment issue beginning of this year. Mostly green but has constant "chaulky" tips like it's nutrient deprived. It's strange and 1 other piece is acting the same and I have nutrients in my tank. Can't figure it out.
I got that piece for over 2 years from Brian (igotcoral) back when he still had the store in Fullerton. He got a big patch of acros from TGC included this piece. Never grow, but refuses to die!
Just coming back recently. I desperately want to see what the colony look like!

Do you think they are the same acro?

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I got that piece for over 2 years from Brian (igotcoral) back when he still had the store in Fullerton. He got a big patch of acros from TGC included this piece. Never grow, but refuses to die!
Just coming back recently. I desperately want to see what the colony look like!

Do you think they are the same acro?
I did pick mine from TGC but haven't had it that long. Mine was still new but it was entrusting quickly when the picture was taken. Makes me wonder if it would have already had the blue growth rim around the entrusting part? Did yours develop that early on? The growth pattern looks similar but mine never showed color on the polyps. When i saw them they were white/translucent.

When it first got the white burnt tips I lowered it to the bottom 1/3 of my tank. It originally was near the top. I'll bump it back up since it's mostly green now with no growth.

Where is yours placed?

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
I notice your bubble algae died off. Let me know if want them again, I have big colonies, fully color up that can share.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Awesome recovery, especially the Pink Floyd... what a difference some TLC makes! Great job with the bubble algae as well!
Thanks! It's nice to have the tank cleaned up a bit for sure.
I notice your bubble algae died off. Let me know if want them again, I have big colonies, fully color up that can share.
Whhhaaaaaaaaa?! Frebbies?! I'm down :)

Latest posts