Smite's 100 gallon

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
yeah you have to get the 1 mm size. I get mine through Amazon
Yeah that's what I got. My CBB is still pretty small, he'd need like .5 mm. I've got some SA hatchery pellets I'm gonna try and start him on. Worked for some picky eaters in the past.

Hey Matt,
I have A pair of CBB's, finicky eaters for sure. Initially rubber banded a whole raw shrimp to a rock and let them pick at it. Transitioned over time to minced up shrimp feeding with Brine shrimp. Now they will both feed out of the water column on just brine. Still feed them chopped up shrimp once in a while seems to keep them fat and healthy. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Hey Matt,
I have A pair of CBB's, finicky eaters for sure. Initially rubber banded a whole raw shrimp to a rock and let them pick at it. Transitioned over time to minced up shrimp feeding with Brine shrimp. Now they will both feed out of the water column on just brine. Still feed them chopped up shrimp once in a while seems to keep them fat and healthy. Hope this helps.

What?! A pair? That's incredible. I bought those pre split muscles but it was a no go. I'll give the shrimp a go too

Hey Matt
LFS got this pair in but they wouldn't eat (go figure) so I talked them down in price. One started eating before the other and kind of showed him how to survive. Wanted one to get rid of aptasia but the pair was a huge bonus but took a big risk. Have not seen aptasia in my tank since

Azasb
I have had all kinds of LPS overtime the one thing that they went after before it could touch the sand was a Maxima clam. Wasn't even out of my hand yet in they were going after it. Needless to say my wife wasn't happy. Had to take the clam right back to the LFS

You have such an amazing beautiful tank. Do your CB pick at any of you corals? Also wanted to get one but was hesitant about what they say about them

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
You have such an amazing beautiful tank. Do your CB pick at any of you corals? Also wanted to get one but was hesitant about what they say about them
I haven't witnessed him nip any corals yet. I also have 2 medium maxima clams and he pays no attention.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
My tank is starting to stabilize after a mini crash. Colors are coming back but I now have STN on the base of some of my sps, hoping i wont have to frag them up.

This Vivids brown dingle berry looks to be showing some new life

Red Planet with RP Ultra Violet

Pink Lemonade I got from Jimmy. Looks like it should be called purple limeade right now but man i really love this piece more and more.

Dosing Vibrant's tank cleaner @ 10ml 2x a week. I've put the foam covers on one of my mp40s and have to clean it every other day now. Covered in dead bubble algae carcasses. Hopefully the stuff helps me take out the major infestation i have over time.

Todays water tests:
ALK 7.7
Cal 440
Magnesium 1350
Po4 .18
No3 looks a little over 5
pH 8.1-8.5 night/day
Temp 77.5-78.5
Salinity 1.026

I'm sending in my second Triton test tomorrow.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Its been a few months. Some Update pics! My bubble algae is knocked way back now, specially compare to the last post.
FTS

Side shot

Battle of two sweet millepora i scored at Fly5150s place!

2 more 5150 pieces. Love the polyps on this guy

This ones starting to color up and growing like mad

I think of this one as space ghost

Metallic looking millepora from EA

Another EA

Pink millepora from RR with an unknown piece from bustayanky. The pink mille is starting to show some yellowish gold polyps under reefbrites only. Pretty neat.

Pink lemonade lost a little purple to a skimmer overflow

Took down my flow by 40% all over, i think i was skinning this one alive. Starting to make a comeback, i see a little red or pink in polyps near the base on back.

Rolled the dice on this guy for a bill. Hopefully it pulls through. Looked DOA before i took off last week. ALMOST see some yellow but still no polyp extension. Slimes when i feed the tank though :) RR Pink Floyd

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
How did you deal with those bubbles algae? Just lower nutrition or manual remove?

The red dragon colony look so nice.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
How did you deal with those bubbles algae? Just lower nutrition or manual remove?

The red dragon colony look so nice.
Vibrant aquarium cleaner. The only manual removal was cleaning the dead and broken free bubbles from my mp40 foam cover.

Thanks, I hope the red dragon colony can get back to where it was before my mini crash in December. The part that's left has been growing well now.

That red velvet looks amazing. Made me miss my old one. Hope the little baby one I got will grow out to be like that one day.

Bali short cake for the last one in the pic?

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
That red velvet looks amazing. Made me miss my old one. Hope the little baby one I got will grow out to be like that one day.

Bali short cake for the last one in the pic?
The last bleached one is pink floyd.

That red velvet is my favorite fish. It's pinning all my others though. I'm hoping the addition of my scopas tang will reset the tank and give some relief to my barletts and rhomboid.

Last edited: