Staghorn Hermit

Its gonna die in your tank with all them nitrates lol jk cool looking lil guy ive debated trying one but my luck with fish lately hasnt been so good

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Its gonna die in your tank with all them nitrates lol jk cool looking lil guy ive debated trying one but my luck with fish lately hasnt been so good

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I only have 2 large tangs right now so not so bad... but yeah they are cool hope its coral gets some color.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Just be careful he doesn't get stuck anywhere. It's easy for their shells to get stuck in the rock work and buh bye hermit

* Loveland Fish Sales * Follow Sponsor Thread On SCR * Subscribe On YouTube *

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Just be careful he doesn't get stuck anywhere. It's easy for their shells to get stuck in the rock work and buh bye hermit

* Loveland Fish Sales * Follow Sponsor Thread On SCR * Subscribe On YouTube *
Yeah but i dont have much rock in my display so he should be ok! I wanna get more lol

knpickup

I've had one for a few months now and love him! He loves seaweed, so whenever I feed my tang seaweed I give him a piece :) his shell is surprisingly still in great condition too. A few people I've spoken with said the shell had died within a week or two and the hermit ditched it. Interesting little guys!

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
I've had one for a few months now and love him! He loves seaweed, so whenever I feed my tang seaweed I give him a piece :) his shell is surprisingly still in great condition too. A few people I've spoken with said the shell had died within a week or two and the hermit ditched it. Interesting little guys!
Got any pics? I might go back and buy some more they are so interesting I check on it about 3-5 times a day lol

knpickup

Got any pics? I might go back and buy some more they are so interesting I check on it about 3-5 times a day lol
Haha yeah they def are interesting! I love how they pick up their whole shell and run. I spent about 30 min at my lfs picking out the "perfect" one. You'll have to post more photos if you get more!

This is mine loll
The first photo is when I first got him and the other two are the most recent from within the last two weeks :D

knpickup

If you have euphyllias on the sand you might have to move them lol... The tentacles will stick to the shell and get ripped off. I noticed this especially with my torches.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
If you have euphyllias on the sand you might have to move them lol... The tentacles will stick to the shell and get ripped off. I noticed this especially with my torches.
I don't have any and even my nems are on high grounds I noticed its getting growth on its shell, he looks cool! (assuming its a he) lol yeah I'll post pics when I get some more :D Thanks for sharing!

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Do their shells grow with them? What happens when they out grow the shell?
I meant yours, one of the branches looks like its growing something. I thing they also grow to be able to handle it not sure tho.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Haha yeah they def are interesting! I love how they pick up their whole shell and run. I spent about 30 min at my lfs picking out the "perfect" one. You'll have to post more photos if you get more!

This is mine loll
The first photo is when I first got him and the other two are the most recent from within the last two weeks :D

I did end up getting a few more, here is my staghorn and its new family lol

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Very nice! How are they all getting along?? My hermit's shell tips are starting to turn brown.
They all hang out lol hmmm wonder why they turning brown. Have your checked your parameters?

Latest posts