ReefBrite XHO led

I've heard so many good things about ReefBrite LED light bar but was a little reluctant to purchase due to the cost. I finally pulled the trigger a week ago and bought a pair of the XHO 60" model for my reef tank.
Let's just say I was fairly disappointed on initial impression. The product was poorly made. The reflector was made from two pieces that were poorly patched together. Paint is already flaking off in a few areas. I think it looks and feels worse than some of the other "made in China" products. As for performance wise in term of brightness it wasn't what I had hoped for. I meant at $467 a pop I would hope it's gonna be way better than my $40 led off EBay. I do like the color though it make my corals pop a little more.
If you have or had used ReefBrite XHO before how did you like it?
Here's a quick pic of it installed inside my canopy.
image.jpg

There not the brightest thing in the world i almost bought some 60' xhos but gonna go with the blue pop euroaquatics led replacemant bulb for the blue factor

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

All Delight

I love mine on all my tanks. My only regret was not buying them sooner.

But they are expensive. At the end of the day they make my tank more enjoyable and that's what I'm in the hobby for.

I always tell people they will get more out of a DIY LED royal blue setup than reefbrites. But it's not for everybody.
I agree. I had both and diy to me is way better.

What makes everyone go with reef Brites over a simple diy royal blue strip
For me it was the ease of mounting and the clean look. Also they bolt direct to ati fixture which is a plus.

The reason they are better than most is the uniform spread, I know of no other strip that can cover the area a reef Brite does. Be careful they ate strong, I added to my dawn to dusk circuit and peeled a few Acros with them being on for 12 hours. I do have strip on both sides of my peninsula, but most tanks would only need 1 strip unless very wide. I have 5' strips, and they are one piece.

There not the brightest thing in the world i almost bought some 60' xhos but gonna go with the blue pop euroaquatics led replacemant bulb for the blue factor

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Those are not even close to the same league as the xho.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Duraace9sp

2020 Philanthropist
I run it only two hours a day for the look...it's cleanly mounted on my 8 bulb ATI t5 which is the life giver......xho in my system is the prime time appearance enhancer only and works well in this manner

with the pre-drilled heat sinks and solderless LEDs from rapidled, you cant really go wrong. For half that price you can have an attractive LED strip with a more robust heat sink. I made my own 24" strips for each side of my ATI powermodule, then some simple hardware store hardware mounted them using the existing ATI screws/holes in the housing.

Definitely don't be intimidated by the construction of DIY leds, it is very simple now.

reefsUP

I've heard so many good things about ReefBrite LED light bar but was a little reluctant to purchase due to the cost. I finally pulled the trigger a week ago and bought a pair of the XHO 60" model for my reef tank.
Let's just say I was fairly disappointed on initial impression. The product was poorly made. The reflector was made from two pieces that were poorly patched together. Paint is already flaking off in a few areas. I think it looks and feels worse than some of the other "made in China" products. As for performance wise in term of brightness it wasn't what I had hoped for. I meant at $467 a pop I would hope it's gonna be way better than my $40 led off EBay. I do like the color though it make my corals pop a little more.
If you have or had used ReefBrite XHO before how did you like it?
Here's a quick pic of it installed inside my canopy.
View attachment 49945
I’ve had good experiences & bad with RB
The good they can attach easily to fixtures or canopy’s the leds are pretty good for color popping or adding shimmer, condensation moisture doesn’t penetrate inside as easily as other strips.im using some currently outdoors.

The bad over time the diodes burn out and power supply will make a hissing sound I’ve never ran them with a dimmer so that would probably help.

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
That’s why I went with sb Sbars better build and has uv and blues. The only thing reefbright got is the reflecter they used to create the x pattern when reflecting off the reflecter which gives it a more spread out look. But you can achieve the same result with the sb bars by raising them higher to get even spread

Joshua

I have used both sh reef reef blue bars & reef bright. They both gave the coral a nice pop but I’m pretty sure a diy royal blue bar would do just as good. Just didn’t have the time or know how to make one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts