Bubble Coral Getting too big

I've had this bubble coral for years. It's getting really big. I'm not sure how to frag it. There isn't any hard skeleton to cut (pardon my ignorance), it's all meat. What can I do? Thanks in advance.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Good question, I haven't heard of bubbles being fragged. Not to say you can't just not sure how easy it is. Maybe try selling the whole thing? Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was afraid of that. Only thing is it's gown onto some big rocks. I'd have to sell the rocks and the coral.

Good question, I haven't heard of bubbles being fragged. Not to say you can't just not sure how easy it is. Maybe try selling the whole thing? Keep us posted!

I was afraid of that. Only thing is it's gown onto some big rocks. I'd have to sell the rocks and the coral.

Oy well looks like a wonderful piece, im sure you can get something nice to start fresh with, with the sale.

knpickup

I'm in the same boat! Mine is almost the size of my tank loll. If you ever find a solution for "fragging" please share...I'd hate to have to sell it. Yours is beautiful :)

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Hello guys. I was explained how to cut it once, and saw it done but I never tried it myself. It is an LPS so you can take it out of the water, let it shrivel up and you will see the skeleton. You can then cut the skeleton and tissue between the mouth. Cut the mouth like an anemone and you will successfully split the bubble coral.

cut at your own risk. Please dont hold me accountable lol

lol thanks for the great advice, for some reason iv heard bubble coral shouldn't really be out of water but thats just something iv heard, not sure its accurate
Hello guys. I was explained how to cut it once, and saw it done but I never tried it myself. It is an LPS so you can take it out of the water, let it shrivel up and you will see the skeleton. You can then cut the skeleton and tissue between the mouth. Cut the mouth like an anemone and you will successfully split the bubble coral.

lol thanks for the great advice, for some reason iv heard bubble coral shouldn't really be out of water but thats just something iv heard, not sure its accurate

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
lol I have too but hey, in this hobby i've heard it all. So many ways to keep a successful reef.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
lol I have too but hey, in this hobby i've heard it all. So many ways to keep a successful reef.

watchguy123

Featured Reef

You may want to either take it out in the morning before lights turn on and it is reduced in size. Or bother it during day lights with your hand so it shrinks up before removing it from tank. Then use your coral saw and you will have your frags. It takes just a while for them to heal

watchguy123

Featured Reef

You may want to either take it out in the morning before lights turn on and it is reduced in size. Or bother it during day lights with your hand so it shrinks up before removing it from tank. Then use your coral saw and you will have your frags. It takes just a while for them to heal

Latest posts