New to SoCalireef

Nice tank man! Were those custom dimensions? I've never seen any of their lines with 30" width. Hopefully, you just bought the tank and can stay away from their equipment. Good luck and keep us posted on progress!

Nice tank man! Were those custom dimensions? I've never seen any of their lines with 30" width. Hopefully, you just bought the tank and can stay away from their equipment. Good luck and keep us posted on progress!
Yeah I'm staying away from they're equipment. It is custom dimensions.
My major concern is what type of lighting

Yeah I'm staying away from they're equipment. It is custom dimensions.
My major concern is what type of lighting
It depends on what you want to keep and what you want to spend. I think that if you want to keep SPS, then three Radions would suffice for those dimensions. Or perhaps a 48" 8 bulb sunpower or powermodule. I have the exact dimensions (minus the 20" height) and run the ATI LED powermodule with 8 bulbs. I wouldn't go any less than 8 bulbs to *cover the width* of the tank. Even with 8 bulbs, I feel that the front and back of my tank don't get as much direct light. There is also Kessils, but you'll want to supplement those with T5's so you don't get shadowing. And then there's the Chinese black boxes which I don't have any experience with, but some people on budgets like. Anyway, keep us posted!

welcome!

piece of advice, don't listen to anything [MENTION=2928]Tangwich[/MENTION] says, unless you want to end up in mexico in a bathtub filled with ice.

Latest posts