Calling expert tank movers!!

ctello23

Hey guys I'll be moving within the month and was wondering if there were any expert tank movers on here that would be willing to help, I'm willing to pay for your time, the tank I need to move is a 50 gallon cadlights setup it is a full reef tank. It is not hard plumed so hopefully that makes it easier to take apart. I still haven't found a new home but I have to be out by the 15 of February. If this sounds like something you're able to help with please pm me and let me know. I've never moved a tank with life stock so I'm kinda lost on where to start. Thanks in advance!!

Fairly simple lots of buckets and bigger buckets to hold fish and corals heater and small powerheads and your good to go, just finished a tank transfer waiting for new one to clear up and in go fish and corals.

One thing that I'd suggest is toss the sand you have now and prep the new sand (wash it good and toss it in a bucket filled with your old tank water for a day or so) as far as corals go, there should be no problems if you put them in a big Rubbermaid for a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll say try to save most existing water and sand/rocks etc. I did that when I transferred my 180 reef to a new 225. I did rinse off the old sand a few times with tank water and added one more bag of new sand along with about 40% new water since the new tank is bigger. Make sure fishes and corals are in a holding container with heater and small power head for circulation.

NVTE

Hey guys I'll be moving within the month and was wondering if there were any expert tank movers on here that would be willing to help, I'm willing to pay for your time, the tank I need to move is a 50 gallon cadlights setup it is a full reef tank. It is not hard plumed so hopefully that makes it easier to take apart. I still haven't found a new home but I have to be out by the 15 of February. If this sounds like something you're able to help with please pm me and let me know. I've never moved a tank with life stock so I'm kinda lost on where to start. Thanks in advance!!
Cristian,
Let me know when and where you will move to. If sometime next week I can help.

If you end up moving it early next week I might be able to help with the MAX SUV/Trailer rig.

We are scheduled to reload all its contents (FinZone truss) back in on Thursday the 14th, so no trailer availability after that.

My lifting capabilities are not so great these days with a bad back but still willing to help as much as I can.

ctello23

Thanks guys, we haven't found a place yet so I don't think I'll be able to move It by next week but I'll be sure to update you guys as soon as I find something. I appreciate the willingness you guys have to help.

Thanks guys, we haven't found a place yet so I don't think I'll be able to move It by next week but I'll be sure to update you guys as soon as I find something. I appreciate the willingness you guys have to help.
(Dancing around like Homer Simpson) Ohhhh, but I wanted to move aquariums todayyyyyyy, Dohuuohhh! (sound of disappointment)

LOL, Ok well when the time comes I can loan you the following:

Containers:
2 x 15-gallon barrels with sealable top (for livestock transport)
2 x Large/heavy-duty Totes (for liverock transport)
2 x Large Bucket with sealable top (for livesand transport)
4 x 5-gallon containers (for water transport)
4 x 15-gallon round muck buckets (for misc. transport/cleanup)

Accessories:
2 x battery powered air pumps (to sustain livestock)
2 x Small Heaters (to sustain livestock)
2 x Small Powerheads (to sustain livestock)

Moving Equipment:
2 x Heavy-duty Furniture Dollies
1 x Medium-duty Rubbermaid cart
2 x Light-duty folding rolling carts
1 x Light-duty muck bucket cart
4 x Ratcheting tie-down Straps
1 x Roll shrink wrap (to protect tank)
Misc. work gloves, blankets, etc.

I may not be much help in the labor department but can certainly help with equipment/logistics

Good Luck and God Speed!

Kevin Adams

Last edited: