Oasis's 7.5 Gallon NANO REEF

Hi everyone! My name is Dave! I've been in the reefing Hobby for around 8 years now. Been apart of this forum for about 4 years. Mainly like many of us(at least I think) savaging through the for sale threads looking for good deals and steals. I've had about 4 tanks since I got started. I enjoy long walks on the beach....JK..WAIT come to think about it, I guess I do... Alright so anyways... I took down my main 125 gallon display tank because of an upcoming move.... But I just couldn't get out completely =P. So I set this little tank up and thought I'd document the progress here. I didn't want a whole bunch of gadgets on this build. SIMPLICITY AND MINIMALISM were my main focuses. My last couple tanks I paid a lot more attention to the system part of the build. I came to learn there was always more that I could have gotten away without. Always looking for some piece of equipment that I didn't really need just wanted. This time around I am more focused on the animals their health and biology. Hopefully this tank will hold me over till I need and can comfortably start a larger set up. The tank has been up and running for about 4 weeks now. So far I'm like it. Here are some spec's below.

Equipment
Tank: 7.5 Gallon Mr Aqua (normal glass)
Lighting: Kessil 360WE
HEATER: 50w Cobalt Neo Therm
Filtration: Sicce 1.5 Return pump
Mame Overflow

Fish
tailspot blenny
raindfords goby
pink streak wrasse
firefish

Corals are mainly sps frags I kept from my last build. a couple zoas, chalices and gorgonians. A Yuma mushroom and a red flowerpot coral.

Most corals are regaining or retaining their colors. All corals were held previously under MH lighting. (250w Radiums).

I have a ATO set up and as of now and a gravity fed kalkwasser solution ( which I may or may not keep online).

.5- 1 Gallon weekly water changes are my main source of nutrient export.

Testing is done either twice a week or if something looks funny I'll test to see whats going on.

SOME PICS! all taken with my phone so the quality isn't the greatest.

LASTLY SOME PICS OF MY PREVIOUS TANK BEFORE I TORE IT DOWN.

Thanks for looking! HAPPY REEFING!:rock:

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
This little tank is impressive in person. Great job man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyrone

Hi Dave, nice looking nano. Any updates to this set up?

I'm new here and I'm still piecing together my equipment for my nano. I too, am going to use the Mame Overflow. How do you like it? Any tips you would care to share on usage?

Hi Dave, nice looking nano. Any updates to this set up?

I'm new here and I'm still piecing together my equipment for my nano. I too, am going to use the Mame Overflow. How do you like it? Any tips you would care to share on usage?
Thanks man! I love this overflow for smaller set ups! Only downfall is on a saltwater set up it can get dirty fast and needs more cleaning. Besides that its great!

Tyrone

Thanks man! I love this overflow for smaller set ups! Only downfall is on a saltwater set up it can get dirty fast and needs more cleaning. Besides that its great!
That's good to hear. Is it still running? Let's see some update pics of the tank.

Have you ever had any problems with flooding with the Mame overflow?

Well I recently Moved and did a little upgrade on the system. Lost alot of corals =/ but heres Here is the current system. 11.5 Gallon display 7 gallon sump. Added a pls-50 skimmer and a mp10. Heres some pics

Just an update, things are doing good with the tank, a little bit of a nutrients problem due to a dying neon goby =(. Im cutting back on feedings and doing a couple added mini water changes to coupe. A lot of new sps and another pump in the display for more random water movement. Oh and I got a new light. ATI hybrid, its overkill but the best light I've owned to date. The color blending is amazing.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Great use of space. Setting it up as a Peninsula style tank was a great idea. I really like the level change as well.

Great use of space. Setting it up as a Peninsula style tank was a great idea. I really like the level change as well.
Thank you. But this is probably the last of this little tank. I'm selling it......Because I ended up getting a bigger one today lol. I'm super stoked. dims 24x21x20 45g. Gonna fill today and start the cycle.