protein skimmer help

TankMasta

So I have a nac6 skimmer, now the problem it's not skimming correctly.. Instead of the foam we like it to See its producing bubbles as in the pic.. I took it apart and cleaned everything and it worked fine then it just started with the little bubbles again. Seems like it's skimming wet? 20160114_120927_resized.jpg
Any info will help and thanks in advance

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
So I have a nac6 skimmer, now the problem it's not skimming correctly.. Instead of the foam we like it to See its producing bubbles as in the pic.. I took it apart and cleaned everything and it worked fine then it just started with the little bubbles again. Seems like it's skimming wet? View attachment 50281
Any info will help and thanks in advance
Add anything to your tank lately?

I have a similar issue. It only seems to happen when I put in Red Sea Reef Energy A and B. After awhile it goes back to normal. I'm not sure if that's it just something I noticed.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
I have a similar issue. It only seems to happen when I put in Red Sea Reef Energy A and B. After awhile it goes back to normal. I'm not sure if that's it just something I noticed.
[MENTION=7792]Todd[/MENTION] you should turn your skimmer off for at least 30 min when you dose that.

TankMasta

It doesn't pull out any gunk when it skims like this..I have adjusted it like you've said and the bubbles won't go in the skimmer cup..the gunk that's in the cup now is from when it was skimming good.
Looks fine to me. Just adjust it to where the buble line in lower

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

TankMasta

Blue star leopard wrasse, leopard wrasse, blue hippo tang, copperband, onyx clown and a cardinal that's it for fish and it's a 50 gal [MENTION=6947]innerspark[/MENTION]

You want the bubbles lower. Thats it it wont constently be skimming untill the gunk builds up on top of those bubbles then it goes up and over. It looks fine to be. Thats how mi e works and after 4 days. Its pretty full dark green gunk.

TankMasta

Alright man thanks
You want the bubbles lower. Thats it it wont constently be skimming untill the gunk builds up on top of those bubbles then it goes up and over. It looks fine to be. Thats how mi e works and after 4 days. Its pretty full dark green gunk.