Does anyone have a nice a. spathulata?

I bought a nice spathulata frag a few months back but it died a few days later. I rarely have corals completely die so I was kinda bummed. I still wish it would've made it, almost miss it lol. Who has had success with them? From the little I read online they can be more finicky then most other acros. Stories, tips, and pics would be appreciated :nod:

Found the pic of the one I bought from vivid. I guess it looked a little bleached to begin with, but man it would've been nice.

newe70

2020 Philanthropist
I lost a wild Aussie ac. spathulata colony abt the size of a base ball. When it showed sign of rtned, I fragged the mother colony into 19 variety of sizes. I now only have one lone survival frag and it is doing great...just luv the hairy and big scaly looking stick.

Here is the mother colony b4 it gone.

image.jpg image.jpg

I have one encrusted frag that's growing nicely. I've bought them many times, seems like they have a low survival rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nasotang

Premium Member
Supporter
Featured Reef
Yes, i think they are hit & miss. Most of the nice ones you see probably came from the sea not too long ago. I've got at least one that does well and frags well. You don't see them that often grown out and fragged either. Like at rmf or battlecorals, other sps culture shops.

Got this frag from the $10 section at California Reef Co in the Bay Area. Goes from purple to blue and has been with me about 4 weeks now and is encrusting the plug. You should see if they have more or even a colony.

Got this frag from the $10 section at California Reef Co in the Bay Area. Goes from purple to blue and has been with me about 4 weeks now and is encrusting the plug. You should see if they have more or even a colony.

Yeah that's a nice one. At this point I'll even take an ugly one lol. Thanks for the heads up