Pacific Sun Pandora Hyperion S

I'm doing some research and trying to find user experiences and pictures of reef tank of users that own or have owned the Hyperion s hybrid led.

I'm thinking of purchasing the hybrid led/t5 combo. It has 3 led SMT groups and 4 54watt to bulbs

Thanks. Kevin.

Joseserran - exactly. The seem like awesome lights but I can't find much user data on them which worries me. I like the hybrid ideal. I've read that this model (Pandora Hyperion s) can penetrate up to 36" depth. My tank is 48" wide 21" tall and 30" deep. So I should be able to raise the lights to cover my depth. I have ai Vegas now and only about 24" depth is covered.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
I would say if you are on the fence, just go with an ati or giesmann, I've seen both, and they are awesome. About the same price as the Pacific sun

Well I've read that the pacific sun is LED primary and T5 secondary vs ATI is T5 primary and LED secondary.

Meaning the pac sun relies more on LED and has advancements in that technology vs ATI.

Hey, Kevin,

I have the Pacifc Sun and its an amazing light. Here are some brief thoughts...

Customer service and support: i believe the company is located in Poland so customer support is delayed but has always been good. It has taken a couple of days sometimes to hear back from them but I always for a response. There may also be a bit of a language barrier but nothing that couldnt easily be worked through. They walked me through the entire set up process and were very helpful. When I got my light there was a helpful forum on RC that they responded to but I think they dropped their sponsorship and all the posts were removed. That was a great resource so its a bit of a bummer.

Interface: I am not a "techie" so the interface was a bit cumbersome for me at first. The guys who are at all tech savvy seem to love it. The programming is more advanced for PC than it is for Apple but both work fine. The common complaint I read is that it is Bluetooth and not Wi-Fi but this hasn't been a big deal. The control and programming of times, colors, storms, moon phases, etc, etc. is great. It also has a preprogrammed acclimation program where you can select what kind of tank you are currently running and what kind of corals you have and it automatically adjusts the intensity over time.

Performance: the light itself is great. I just had a big loss due to a power outage so I can't show you pics but it can easily maintain all kinds of corals. You don't get the shimmer effect as strong as you would with Halide or all LED but the LEDs are strong enough to add some shimmer even with the T5s on. The fans are quiet and it looks great. One note, on the color spectrum there is no "white" for the LED's. This is my first time with LEDs so I dont know if this is normal or not. You can make it look more white using other color options but i thought that was interesting. I like a more 15-20k look so its never been an issue. You can always take blue out and change out the T5 bulbs if you wanted a different spectrum.

I have the 36" with 2 LED panels and 4 36" T5's and it is more than enough light for my 48" tank that is 20" deep. I may end up having to downgrade in the next month and this light will be the hardest thing to part with.

Hope that helps. Im kind of a plug and play guy with the tech stuff but if you have more questions I can try to help.

it's an awesome light. I played with it while visting Chicago a few years back. Hit up @mr.plant (Keith) he has a pandora.

Steve -- how long have you had it, and do you have any pictures before the crash? What type of corals are/were you growing in your tank? I do like the 15-20k look as well. Currently have AI Vega's, and I was thinking of upgrading them to the Hydra 52HD, but I still want T5 for supplementation. I appreciate your information below, as it was lengthy and covered a lot of stuff.

Kevin

Hey, Kevin,

I have the Pacifc Sun and its an amazing light. Here are some brief thoughts...

Customer service and support: i believe the company is located in Poland so customer support is delayed but has always been good. It has taken a couple of days sometimes to hear back from them but I always for a response. There may also be a bit of a language barrier but nothing that couldnt easily be worked through. They walked me through the entire set up process and were very helpful. When I got my light there was a helpful forum on RC that they responded to but I think they dropped their sponsorship and all the posts were removed. That was a great resource so its a bit of a bummer.

Interface: I am not a "techie" so the interface was a bit cumbersome for me at first. The guys who are at all tech savvy seem to love it. The programming is more advanced for PC than it is for Apple but both work fine. The common complaint I read is that it is Bluetooth and not Wi-Fi but this hasn't been a big deal. The control and programming of times, colors, storms, moon phases, etc, etc. is great. It also has a preprogrammed acclimation program where you can select what kind of tank you are currently running and what kind of corals you have and it automatically adjusts the intensity over time.

Performance: the light itself is great. I just had a big loss due to a power outage so I can't show you pics but it can easily maintain all kinds of corals. You don't get the shimmer effect as strong as you would with Halide or all LED but the LEDs are strong enough to add some shimmer even with the T5s on. The fans are quiet and it looks great. One note, on the color spectrum there is no "white" for the LED's. This is my first time with LEDs so I dont know if this is normal or not. You can make it look more white using other color options but i thought that was interesting. I like a more 15-20k look so its never been an issue. You can always take blue out and change out the T5 bulbs if you wanted a different spectrum.

I have the 36" with 2 LED panels and 4 36" T5's and it is more than enough light for my 48" tank that is 20" deep. I may end up having to downgrade in the next month and this light will be the hardest thing to part with.

Hope that helps. Im kind of a plug and play guy with the tech stuff but if you have more questions I can try to help.

I've had it about 6 or 7 months. I can try to get a picture tonight. I can never take a decent pictures so I dont know if they will help you but Ill give it a shot. I have a mixed reef. Crash might be too strong of a word, the only corals is lost were my SPS...mostly montis, a couple of millis and torts.

Not sure these are much help. The sunset program has started so they are blue and the tank is a mess...including a fish trap where I am extracting an angel(devil) fish that keeps picking on my saddle anthias.

Let me know if there is something in particular you would like to see.

IMG_0373.jpg
IMG_0376.jpg
IMG_0378.jpg
IMG_0381.jpg
IMG_0372.jpg

Thanks for the post. I have an all sps tank so I'm not sure your information helps me decide to buy them. :)

Which lamp do you have ?

Not sure these are much help. The sunset program has started so they are blue and the tank is a mess...including a fish trap where I am extracting an angel(devil) fish that keeps picking on my saddle anthias.

Let me know if there is something in particular you would like to see.

View attachment 50704
View attachment 50705
View attachment 50706
View attachment 50707
View attachment 50703

Thanks for the post. I have an all sps tank so I'm not sure your information helps me decide to buy them. :)

Which lamp do you have ?
Sorry about that. There was a lot of info on RC about them when I bought mine.

I have the Pacific Sun Hyperion 4x39w T5 and the 2 LED panels.

In your opinion what do you think killed your sps?

New light, not acclimating te corals to the new light, water parameter issue? Did they just bleach out and die? Just curious so I can make a better informed decision.

Thanks. Kevin

I've had it about 6 or 7 months. I can try to get a picture tonight. I can never take a decent pictures so I dont know if they will help you but Ill give it a shot. I have a mixed reef. Crash might be too strong of a word, the only corals is lost were my SPS...mostly montis, a couple of millis and torts.