What's the most you have spent on a frag???

geez bean from the what I hear that was quite a deal for a WWC bounce shroom. I heard they were closer to 1K. So good work!

I spent $200 on a tiny frag of Reef Raft Asia Wolverine and it never really colored up and then kicked the bucket in an ALK swing. That was it for me, now I am far more frugal on coral purchases.

I do have buddies that drop >1K on frags, and since their systems are so stable, they propagate that coral and make their money back and then make profit. My reefing goal is to get to that level of stability where it wouldn't be sheer insanity to try that, and I could make the tank pay for itself.

BeanMachine

Supporter
geez bean from the what I hear that was quite a deal for a WWC bounce shroom. I heard they were closer to 1K. So good work!

I spent $200 on a tiny frag of Reef Raft Asia Wolverine and it never really colored up and then kicked the bucket in an ALK swing. That was it for me, now I am far more frugal on coral purchases.

I do have buddies that drop >1K on frags, and since their systems are so stable, they propagate that coral and make their money back and then make profit. My reefing goal is to get to that level of stability where it wouldn't be sheer insanity to try that, and I could make the tank pay for itself.
I got it two years ago before the prices sky rocketed. Sold it to a reef bud, then he kindly sold it back to me at the same price. Long story but its back. Probably THE only coral that has actually gone up in price rather than go down. And now I have 3. :)

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
I almost picked up a Jason fox sour apple chalice for 400. I didn't want to spend the money until I saw it in person and it was the brightest green color and I fell in love. But someone beat me to the punch and bought it before me

I bought my Bounce the same time Cody bought his, mine was a little bigger and I paid $500, but I did get 3 babies off of it and sold it for a nice profit when it was not even for sale.

Latest posts