mikejrice's 30 Gallon Innovative Marine Nuvo Reef

What sand do you use? Do you feed by hand or do you use something else? Thanks in advance and thats a lovely tank you have there Mr Mike!

What sand do you use? Do you feed by hand or do you use something else? Thanks in advance and thats a lovely tank you have there Mr Mike!
I don't remember what kind of sand I used. It's been a long time. I usually just broadcast feed coral foods to the whole tank.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I ended up moving this tank down to the LFS I work at, Elite Reef in Denver, Colorado.

A couple of things bleaches out after the move but seem to be recovering well. If you're in the area, stop by and check it out at our brand new shop!

This guy stated what I say all the time. Crap happens, No reason to cry " I'm out", "done". A loss of a coral or corals or having algae problems is no reason to quit.

Now! For a more interesting thing. I hope this guy chimes in. What was the water temp on this set up having the lights on non stop for a week? I get there probably is a chiller, open top which means evap. must have been crazy and a chiller can only keep up for so long having the condensor and coil right next to each other. They'd start to cancel each other out I would think running for so long which would add heat to the tank too.

But what does this say about the hardiness of coral? Light 24/7? Does this or can it disprove global warming impact on the reefs? After all this is a closed system not accessible to billions of gallons of surrounding water nor the cooling effect of night time. Just thoughts.

This system uses a controller to run a heater or fan which doesn't allow it to deviate from 78 degrees by more than half a degree. If it had been a halide however, it may have been a different story. Kessil doesn't really throw much heat.

For the record though, I'm friends with someone who was on the chasing coral film crew and am definitely a believer in heat bleaching after what I've seen through him.

Oh yea I remember this picture. This months magazine was pretty nice got to show wife some high end acros

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My refugium light went out this week. I didn't have enough Kessil lighting on it already though, so I added an H80 to run the refugium. It's a pretty interesting little light. Can't wait to see how it performs...

Latest posts