Neptune System Apex

I am going to buy this controller and replace my reefkeeper lite. There are to systems the regular Apex and the Apex Gold is it worth the extra $250 for Lab grade probes?

Its also comes with the PM2 Salinity module, My vote would be yes if you got the extra cheddar.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
The Salinity probe is nice but not necessary IMO. probably better off using the extra money for Break out box or feeder or something or a nice ATO unit

There is also a lab grade non-gold package for around $550 MSRP. No salinity probe but like solitude said.. Money is better spent on other expansion pieces IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Gold comes with ORP probe and PM-2 with Salinity. Not necessary and not super accurate, but the graph can show if your salinity is going up or down and warn you if you have a top off problem as a fail safe. It is something I keep an eye on when I am out of town.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
There is also a lab grade non-gold package for around $550 MSRP. No salinity probe but like solitude said.. Money is better spent on other expansion pieces IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personally, I'd run a lab grade probe if I were running a CaRx. But since i'm not, I just run a regular Ph probe. I don't really pay attention too much to Ph either.

The Salinity probe is nice but not necessary IMO. probably better off using the extra money for Break out box or feeder or something or a nice ATO unit
Thanks!! I am thinking the same I thought the extras would be nice.
I think the Gold comes with ORP probe and PM-2 with Salinity. Not necessary and not super accurate, but the graph can show if your salinity is going up or down and warn you if you have a top off problem as a fail safe. It is something I keep an eye on when I am out of town.
If it is not accurate then I guess that is a big downer and not worth spending the extra money