Fast and easy...Media Reactors

I feel you, one of the reasons I'm asking. There has to be a better way all around.

The issue I see with all reactors of this style is that there is no innovation in terms of what needs to happen to take the media out, rinse, put fresh media in. On this type of reactor you're looking for materials used, quality of the craftsmanship, and perhaps capacity. Nothing exciting, same old stuff different variation of the same thing. Still a pain to replace as any other reactor, with very few differences.

The Avast unit is more along the lines of the innovation I'm talking about and looking for. Super quick, easy changes. BRS looks like the midpoint between classic reactors and the Avast unit. I can see how it would be easier to unscrew and go.
Oscar, the Innovative Marine MiniMax reactors are a good design (media contained in a cartridge and rinsed with water in the sink), but the pumps just plain suck and don't provide enough flow. The media will just eventually clump. I'm gonna give the avast reactor a shot once I get time to set it up.

Latest posts