How do I frag a Frogspawn?

My frogspawn has 25 heads n some are not getting enough light because of the top heads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frogspawn has thin branches. I used to just break off branches.

organism

2020 POTM
I use cheap cuticle cutters from CVS, aka $20+ coral shears. My suggestion would be to cut at an angle into the colony not across, if you try to cut across the heads like cutting a flower stem it's going to crush them if they're not long enough.

MTH

I'd agree with using either sheers or even a chisel and mallet. Just a couple of light taps should do the trick

lynncgo

You can do what I did..... I moved my tank today and accidentally dropped my frogspawn and it split in three =(.... Anyone want a piece? lol

Fate

Most people that dont have bandsaws use a mallet and a chisel. But I would imagine a small hand saw would work too

DPal

What did you end up doing Christian? I didn't realize the branch is super fragile. BTW, thanks for the GSP last month... they are growing like crazy up the back wall!

What did you end up doing Christian? I didn't realize the branch is super fragile. BTW, thanks for the GSP last month... they are growing like crazy up the back wall!
I broke it up with some clippers n sold n traded it. Your welcome GSP is cool because it add movement. Send a picture of your tank

Latest posts