Zeovit Zeo-Spur Anyone ever try it?

Anyone here ever try using zeospur? Its supposed to lighten up the colors on sps which in turn allows the corals to have more energy to grow faster. If anyone have experience with it please discuss it. Ive got a couple of corals that id really like lighten up.

"With this trace element solution it is possible to influence the amount of zooxanthellae in the coral tissue. The coral itself has more energy for growth because the reduced zooxanthellae density requires less energy. – Controlled reduction of zooxanthellae density for Acropora, Anacropora or Montipora. – The reduction of zooxanthellae in the outer layers brings out the colors from deeper layers. – To maintain color of highly colored corals. – Recommended in any tank system."

If anyone is in southern california that current has some zeospur, can I please have 1ml for my tank? Id really like to try it out. :beer:

Thanks

Aquafrags

Ramzy, I would stay away from spur till after the six month period of zeo, it is some serious stuff, that can go south fast. It help's the corals to expel their zooxanthellae, letting the coral release it true colors faster.

Last edited:
Ramzy, I would stay away from spur till after the six month period of zeo, it is some serious stuff, that can go south fast. It help's the corals to expel their zooxanthellae, letting the coral release it true colors faster.
Ok. Im just getting too impatient with this zeovit stuff. Im doing 2 drops Bak & Food7 every other day along with twice per day of .2ml start2. Hopefully ill see some more improvements soon. Im just not happy with my sps colors yet, im thinking its my lighting also though.

btw, their is a really nice blonde naso tang waiting for you at the store if you want it my friend wanted me to tell you.

reef_doug

I have some that you can have, however I'm in Victorville. I prefer the B-Balance look over the ZEOspur. If you use both then ZEOspur dosage should be cut in half per Bob on ZEOvit.com. ZEOspur is very strong stuff , contains certain metals that kill or thin out a layer of tissue, therefore should only be used on very healthy corals to begin with.

IME B-Balance really adds more growth over ZEOspur and is much safer.

ZEOspur should only be used six months into the ZEOvit method and it's benefits are less dramatic on non-ZEO tanks.

IMO... ZEOspur in one additive that gives the ZEO system a bad name to those who have no experience with the system as a whole.

Last edited:
Ramzy,

Make sure your tank is stable/cycle with basic 4 Zeovit (Zeobak, Zeofood, Zeostart 2, ZeoRock), then you can start to dose Zoespure. Be careful with the Brown Algea in your rock when you dose Zeovit, blonde nose tang will help to remove these algeas.

Last edited:
Tony, whats up man! Haven't heard from you in a while, I need to visit your house and pick up some LE corals! :D

I already am dosing basic 4. Im almost finished with my 3rd week.
I have minor dinoflageates brown algae on my sand and rocks which is caused by overdosing zeo start2 I read. I was doing .2ml twice per day of start2 on 80g total water volume. Ive cut back on the dosing of start2 until the dino clears up. Ive had no alkalinity swings though which is awesome, my alkalinity has stayed stable. Its hard to stay patient when your dosing so much and pumping twice a day lol...

Last edited:
lol those aren't pictures of my tank. I wish!!!! Just some pictures of a zeovit tank, I was trying to figure out why everyone calls the colors pastel.