Interesting Stix.....

So I picked up this pink colony a month ago. Looked fierce in blues with its metallic pink glow. It did not make it through the qt process as a whole but all the frags are fully encrusted and coloring up with interesting results. As a whole it was pink. Only blue tips with the blues on. For the most part the frags are still on the browner side as they color up but the pink and blues are starting to peak through on some pieces. Here are 2 pics in different lighting.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

watchguy123

Featured Reef
I think that is very cool. Amazing how different lighting effects the color. Hope it ends up bright pink with blue tips. If so, we will all be lining up for frags

Do you buy colonies or frags usually. I have always preferred frags for the delight of growing it out, yet I certainly find no fault with colony purchases. I have been disappointed previously with wild/maricultured frags because of both morphing and vitality. But I still get tempted and give in occasionally to some wild frags. Always hoping to find that gem out there. Yet it seems that vendors survive/thrive on wild/maricultured colonies. I guess that is the basis of their business with few exceptions

[MENTION=8656]M3ace9[/MENTION]. Any updated pictures?
Nothing has changed much in my tank but I think that is because of the viewing angle. The frag in this picture is housed in a T5 tank. The picture has not totally captured its true color but the color is coming in nicely. Nothing near what it will be but good things will come with time

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I wonder if it'll ever get back to the it's original color. I'm assuming it was a maricultured colony?

I wonder if it'll ever get back to the it's original color. I'm assuming it was a maricultured colony?
It will it just tanks time for some acros to get adapted to captivity. It was a wild colony not a maricultured so in time. The cool thing is it has no problem growing haha.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Looking good. Glad to see its coming back around. Do the polyps look purple in person?

Latest posts