New 180 build, plumbing help please

trojan_48

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi guys! So wanted some assistance and ideas on my plumbing for the new 180 build. Here is what I have so far. I want to keep it simple and also have both hard piped and soft piped. Please let me know your thoughts.. Added a sketch and pic of sump.

Also debating check valves or using the technique of drilling a small hole and putting a T on the return pipe under water line or drilling small holes on top of return loc-line.. Thoughts?

Thanks a lot guys and will post a build thread soon!

Attachments

Hi guys! So wanted some assistance and ideas on my plumbing for the new 180 build. Here is what I have so far. I want to keep it simple and also have both hard piped and soft piped. Please let me know your thoughts.. Added a sketch and pic of sump.

Also debating check valves or using the technique of drilling a small hole and putting a T on the return pipe under water line or drilling small holes on top of return loc-line.. Thoughts?

Thanks a lot guys and will post a build thread soon!
From your drawing, i am assuming arts and craft was not your strong suit in school, huh? hahaha

if your sump can support the excess water, you do not need to drill or use a check valve. Hard plumb is the way to go for a nice clean look.

BeanMachine

Supporter
From your drawing, i am assuming arts and craft was not your strong suit in school, huh? hahaha
LOL I think that actually isn't bad.
[MENTION=8949]trojan_48[/MENTION] Are you using your skimmer pump to also move flow through your UV and Chiller? I don't think that is a good plan.

LOL I think that actually isn't bad.

[MENTION=8949]trojan_48[/MENTION] Are you using your skimmer pump to also move flow through your UV and Chiller? I don't think that is a good plan.
no i think that the output of the UV going to the skimmer chamber. from the drawing looks like the return is Tee to chiller>UV, which isn't a bad idea, if the flow rate of the chiller is the same as the UV. Also depends on how the UV is being utilize.

trojan_48

Premium Member
Supporter
Killin me JAMES! Haha.. I was more a business man, let's leave it at that. Haha

But I'm thinking of running a pump to the uv, then chiller. Or reverse.. Not sure yet on flow. I was also suggested to not run UV as it's not needed and run a y with ball valve from return pump to chiller and back to skimmer chamber?

xraymatt

Premium Member
Supporter
I agree. No check valves, but I do use the drill hole method you mentioned towards the surface that will break the suction in case of a power outage. Also, it's a good idea to simulate a power outage to make sure your disaster prevention measures actually work!! Update us on how it's going.