Some shots I took

nasotang

Premium Member
Supporter
Featured Reef
Pretty, i wish i could figure out how to take good blue shots. My process wrecks the fluorescence when i try it. These are nice!

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Just some basic wb correction/hue/saturation to correct for what my eyes see for the blues.
Used a porthole for some top down 100 mm macro lens and a camera body (5dm3) with high iso, baseline the sand as my neutral grey card to do custom wb. Turned on 100% on my blue led but added a tissue paper on my led to diffuse the lights spot light effect. Then I added a side blue led flash light to give it some depth in the shot and stop down to f5.6- f8 with about 60/sec-125/sec shutter
There were some other things I did but it was trial and error.
Nice pictures and corals...any post processing these pics? Mind to share the equipment used?

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Tissue diffuse light less hot spot even blanket if light. Iso just sensativity to color depending on the light condition so if it's dark you raise iso a little until it's exposed right. You don't need a good camera to get good photos. I took this with my phone camera at low iso about 200 but also slow shutter about 1/50 sec with a get filter and all blue under kessil at 100% down at sand bed about 18"

Last edited:

Latest posts