Why doesn't the Apex come with WiFi built in?

mdustin

I know that to get your Apex to wirelessly connect to a router you need a bridge or similar device. I am curious as to why Neptune doesn't build WiFi into the controller at the factory? I understand the Jr. is the entry level unit and Neptune is trying to keep the price low. For the Gold version, why isn't it already built in? Wouldn't have to waste an outlet for plugging in the bridge. Just a thought, maybe the answer has been posted on here and I missed it.

Thanks

I know that to get your Apex to wirelessly connect to a router you need a bridge or similar device. I am curious as to why Neptune doesn't build WiFi into the controller at the factory? I understand the Jr. is the entry level unit and Neptune is trying to keep the price low. For the Gold version, why isn't it already built in? Wouldn't have to waste an outlet for plugging in the bridge. Just a thought, maybe the answer has been posted on here and I missed it.

Thanks
My guess would be that wifi is sometimes spotty. They don't recommend using apex via wifi as sometimes it doesn't work. So maybe they just don't want anything to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
My guess would be that wifi is sometimes spotty. They don't recommend using apex via wifi as sometimes it doesn't work. So maybe they just don't want anything to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cause maybe apex 2.0 will have built-in wifi

Prob no built in wifi so the neighbor kids cant take control of you tank, set the heater to 100, chiller to 60, reverse DT lighting- you know, torture you & your fish.

Next apex will have a button on front to auto upload to social media, craigs list too

It really sux with a bridge because the max security setting are low grade
If it is wireless you can use a phase shift key and have no issues

Latest posts