Apex Jr. Users

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
Should I get one?????
I know nothing about controllers and have never used one on a tank but I know many of you do. I was looking at running some fans on my tank to help with keeping the tank cool this summer. I don't have room for a chiller so it's going to have to be done with fans. I know the apex Jr. has a temp probe and can turn the fans on and off as needed. I was just going to put them on the light timer but this would be a better option. My question is what else would the apex Jr do for me? My wave maker has a controller already as does my ATO so I don't think I need it for them. I also don't turn my return pump off when feeding just the wave maker. So why should I get an apex Jr????

Should I get one?????
I know nothing about controllers and have never used one on a tank but I know many of you do. I was looking at running some fans on my tank to help with keeping the tank cool this summer. I don't have room for a chiller so it's going to have to be done with fans. I know the apex Jr. has a temp probe and can turn the fans on and off as needed. I was just going to put them on the light timer but this would be a better option. My question is what else would the apex Jr do for me? My wave maker has a controller already as does my ATO so I don't think I need it for them. I also don't turn my return pump off when feeding just the wave maker. So why should I get an apex Jr????
Piece of mind when you're away from home. Ability to turn equipment on/off from anywhere if things go haywire. For example, heater or any dosing/reactors that you have. You can turn off your ato if it gets stuck and starts overflowing your system. I think it's a ph drop if too much rodi is being added at once if you don't have an apex leak detector. Text alerts to temp/ph/parameters you set.

I spent $400 on my new setup. Then I spent $400 more on a used apex. That tells you how valuable I think it is. Piece of mind is worth the cost and they hold their value so if you get it and don't use it or like it after 3mos you'll get your money back out of it.

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
I saw the apex Jr doesn't come with a PH probe. I'm at landing on adding kalkwasser to my ATO so I think I would want to have it. So any of you guys use the PH probe?

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
I saw the apex Jr doesn't come with a PH probe. I'm at landing on adding kalkwasser to my ATO so I think I would want to have it. So any of you guys use the PH probe?
Easy add a PM1 module and a ph probe and done... or get apex lite

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
I've been looking at some used ones. Seems like most people don't don't have a PH probe but I want one so I can use it with my ATO. I don't think I will need a display. I can just use my phone

mark.a.smith405

Premium Member
Supporter
If your looking for an apex lite Lmk. I have been using one for 3 years and will be selling mine. I have almost ever expansion as well. Also have a full apex head unit of your interested.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter

700 for a probe????? "Hey baby you like my fish tank? It has a 700 dollar probe in it"
I'm not even sure what it does?? Tells you the oxygen level I. Your water????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts