Made a ATO container

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
Had a ten gallon tank that was a sump and took the baffles out. Then went to Home Depot and picked up a sheet of acrylic for around ten bucks. Painted it black and now I have an ATO container.

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter

I used a dremel to cut the acrylic. Didn't come out as nice as wanted but it will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
The power strip is already moved and hung under the tank. Safety first!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im just trying to save a buck where ever I can
I totally hear ya. My ATO container is a 20 gallon Brute trash can. Needed something big because I add like 5 gallons a day. Didn't care what it looked like because it's behind my stand skin. Ugly, but totally functional. Yours matches the stand. Works for me...

Came out pretty good I think. I'm just scared to leave glass on the floor like that which is why I haven't considered doing this yet. I think I am going to use a spray can plastidip to paint the outside of a 10g

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

looks good... my first ATO was a 20g tall dark cylinder that would hide behind the tank... ugly, but functional... don't worry about how awesome something looks... i've recently seen some clean setups with fancy high end equipment... and the display tank was hardly a display... LOL...