Creating a water level indicator on a barrel..

I'm starting the mixing station.. And want to be able to see when levels are low. Came up with adding a 3/4" tube to the outside of barrels ..

Will drill elbows bottom and top of barrel and mark off gallons on the tube.
My question is.. Do I NEED to add uniseals to the elbow going into the barrel? Or can I get away with just drilling and using silicone to seal the elbow into the barrel?
I'm sick of going to HD .. :/ lol they prob don't have them anyway, I'm sure it's an online order ..

Sent from my blinged out girly iPhone using Tapatalk

Uniseals would be better. How about using a 1/2" bulkhead top and bottom instead? Silicone wouldn't be as pretty.. Or reliable..

I like your idea though..

Thanks.. Honestly.. I can't reach the bottom part of the barrel it's pretty deep, and I'm rather vertically challenged lol.. So BH aren't gonna work.

Tap threads into the barrel? Is that an actual piece of hardware ( like a threaded sleeve siliconed in?)

lol, no, make the barrel threaded with a tap... it will give you a couple of threads that you can use teflon with... but uniseals would be good too... and easier to put in...

Ace hardware (if there's any it there) should have a 1/2" npt tap for you to thread your barrel. Or you could just get it close with a drill bit and thread that elbow in by hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Ended up finding a 10 pk of .5" uniseals for $10 on Amazon lol now I just need to be patient ..

Latest posts