Flower Nems

organism

2020 POTM
What do you feed your flower nems?
I feed the smaller ones FM ricordia and zoa food or the small spectrum pellets, and the bigger ones get the FM LPS pellets. I put the pellets on the tips of the tentacles that way they absorb water before they get eaten, otherwise if the nems eat them too soon it dehydrates them and they spit it all out and look awful for a few days.

reefhound

mine have been settled in the same spot and haven't moved from the sand bed.. low flow, moderate/low light..
I feed Mysis and oyster eggs twice a week.. the tank also gets fed rotifers and phyto, but that doesn't do much for them

I have sexy shrimp that hang around them, have had plenty of amphipods until recently with no ill effects
they have thrived in my tank, and it really is a pretty dirty tank by reef standards

mine are about 2", so no reproduction yet.. there are some great articles on nano-reef if interested

I tried a couple really nice ones, like the pink with zebra stripes and a couple others. they didn't last long for me even though everything else in my tank thrived. At the time I had everything from Xenia to expensive Euphyllia and Montis. I had much better luck with Mini Maxi's. Nicer colors can be hard to find sometimes, but they are a lot easier, IMO.

nanomaster

I currently have 5. 2 of them I have had for years and I have moved them for tank to tank. I feed them nothing. The last time I move them tanks I put one in a bad spot away from lights. It took almost a year to decided to move. It turned pretty pale but now has gained it's color back. I find them absolutely easy. By the way they are in nano tanks were parameters always shift.