Gyre 150 connecting to Apex with IceCap, questions

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I picked up an Gyre 150 IceCap controller for my Neptune Apex. While the physical connection to apex was extremely easy, it looks like programming the unit is going to be a little harder. Unless I'm missing something (hopefully I am :) )

I was hoping for the Apex to recognize the unit, more along the lines of connecting and controlling my mp40qd. It has presets built in by Neptune. Unless I did something wrong or am missing a step, it looks like I need to physically go through and write out the profile myself?

I was hoping to achieve a behavior from the Gyre similar to a ReefCrest mode that is on my Mp40. Is something like that available for the Gyre unit? Are there shared profiles for the IceCap/Gyre150 out there?

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Nevermind. I got it figured out.

I wish they'd update the advanced pulse to more of a advanced "random flow", with 4+ max/min intensities and durations.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
What did you do to get it working?
https://youtu.be/6TEnVLLBcJE

I watched this video and wrote my own program for the day. I made several different profiles, for different pulse durations and intensities to cycle through. Its still nothing like a "Reef crest" setting from Vortech but at least it changes up and has a night mode now.

My problem at first was trying to use Apex Fusion. You need to be in the classic dashboard to properly create the profiles.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
This seems to be a fairly popular pump, I'm a little surprised there weren't pre written templates like the Ecotech equipment has on the apex. No graphs to pull and drag, easily click pulse and set intensity duration, nothing. Or at least I didn't see one.

Latest posts