165w led auto dimming with apex NO VDM

So after searching the internet a for weeks, and finding everything I could , I made the jump to automation,, I bought the Neptune apex base model,, and let me tell you, those of you that are thinking about it,, do it !! It's awesome,, after 9 hours of fittling and tinkering I've now got my Chinese LEDs from ebay hooked up to simulate sunrise and sunset,, I can even have them geographically simulate the sunset or sunrise any where I want in the world, as well as seasonal effects,, this 165w led light mod wasn't hard,, it was super easy,, I have the code in fusion that you use,, and my lights can go back to stock when ever I want,, I couldn't find any straight answer to connecting these to an apex but I did !! Who has questions ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter, I have the 2 wellpar 165w led lights from ebay, they have the dimmer pot that controls on and off and dimming of the light ,, I looked on the wires of my dimmer and found which ones controlled dimming ,, so a dim + and dim - , snipped those and connected those to my Ethernet wire that plugs into my v1/v2 ports on my apex module and I left the power wires to my dinner connected to my dimmer,, and my dimmer knob is just clicked on,, my fans still work they turn on and off when the outlet does,, I used the 4 and 8 outlet on my eb8 and put my 2 blues on the 4 outlet and my 2whites on the 8 outlet,, I then programmed them to turn on at 6:00am,, and I programmed my variable speed ports to start dimming at 6:01 am ,,

I posted this without much detail I'm sorry I didn't think many people would care,, when I get home I'll get some pictures and do a better write up

So here's my lights with my Ethernet cables connected to my dimmer pot wires,, yes I know wire nuts are cheap and I could've used rj45 jacks ,, I know I know,, after spending $550 money was a lil tight,, I'll wire those later ::

Here is the Ethernet plugs in my apex module :

And here is a screen shot of my lighting codes,, this one Is of my EB8;;

This one is the code for my variable speed ports :::

There it is guys ,, I hope this helps anybody looking to do what I did,, I searched abd searched and searched and final found the Info,, and put it together and I'm happy,, anybody looking to buy an apex ,,,, DO IT ,, I love it ! Just do your homework make sure it will work with your lights !!! 90% chance it will ,, and if it don't there is a way to make it work with some carful modification !!! Happy reefing guys and gals !!!!!

He, that is one with the sea !

Latest posts