Achilles tang

Kami

Hi i am going to get a Achilles tang and i was wondering if anyone has some advice on how to keep it. i will be putting it in a 3 foot by 2 foot frag tank.

Achilles tangs are extremely difficult to keep healthy and do require lots of swimming room. Your tank is not ideal. Please reconsider.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Needs at least 150 gallons. And even at that size with a lot of flow (they require it) its tough. Had to pull mine out because he kept getting ick and couldn't fight it off. He was paper thing. Was able to QT and is getting fat again. So a QT is a must as well. Tough fish. Oh and it my eats zoas... lol

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Hi i am going to get a Achilles tang and i was wondering if anyone has some advice on how to keep it. i will be putting it in a 3 foot by 2 foot frag tank.
Kami, an achilles most likely won't survive in a small frag tank like that. They are used of being in very rough highly oxygenated waters. They need lots of space to swim and they love to move around a lot. If your serious about getting one you will Deff need a bigger tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I would love one also but from what I have looked into there pretty tough even in a big tank

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter

I've been waiting to use this pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts