LED Setup 75g Tank. To Dim or Not to Dim?

deadwood

I have been going back and forth on LED setup for my newly acquired 75g tank. I have read good things about the 75g Onyx setup from Rapid LED but not really sure if I need dimmable setup or not. My plan is to have mostly LPS coral. I might dip into SPS but would not make them a feature of the tank . These are the two units I am looking at. For cost savings I am looking at the DIY unit and just wire it up to the manual dim driver.

http://www.rapidled.com/solderless-75g-tank-dimmable-kit/

http://www.rapidled.com/75g-tank-dimmable-onyx-kit/

The feedback on the RapidLED system is quite good and I really thing this is the setup for me. Any insights or criticisms are welcome!

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
You want dimmable. This will allow you to ramp up and down led intensity

I have the 24 Led diy kit with a storm.

Are you planning on using it with a Apex? If so I have a interface board I'm selling soon I have no need for.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
I see you have a jbj 28 also. I have the hood for a 24 (same as 28) that is already upgrade with the kit. Lmk if your interested

Check ocean revive, reef breeders, or even no name ebay led boxes. You might bleach corals if you cant adjust the intensity

deadwood

You want dimmable. This will allow you to ramp up and down led intensity

I have the 24 Led diy kit with a storm.

Are you planning on using it with a Apex? If so I have a interface board I'm selling soon I have no need for.

Apex is down the road for me. For now I would wire in the manual dimmer array that Rapid sells.

I see you have a jbj 28 also. I have the hood for a 24 (same as 28) that is already upgrade with the kit. Lmk if your interested

My 28 is leaking so that tank will be repaired at some point but I am not looking to do anything with it.

TankMasta

I have reef breeders and have been successful with them, remember it's not about how much you spend on your lights, it's more about your water parameters and stability..
2016-02-27 09.58.02.jpg
Are these good lights? Seems rather cheap considering the other LED companies out there.