Started QT

JPLreefer

After I cycled the QT, I bought 2 golden maroon clownfish on Sunday. On Tuesday, I added copper after my daughter noticed some white on the larger of the 2. Today, when I got home, I noticed the white had spread to both sides, but a piece has flaked off. I added more copper. Hopefully, it isn't velvet. I will watch over both fish for the next couple of days. If it is velvet, how long do they usually last? Could I have caught it in time where I might be able to save it? I will take a pic soon and post it.

Look into brooklynella also called clown fish disease. If that's what you're dealing with then time is not on your side. Copper may not be the best treatment in that case. In my experience the diagnosis is the hard part. If you post a pic ,it might help people to give you some better feedback. Good luck

JPLreefer

I tried 6 times last night. It won't post the pic. After I took the pix, I did a fresh water dip for 5 minutes on both fish to shock both their systems. After I did that, they both looked better and were swimming more. This morning they were active and both ate well.

Freshwater dip slows brooklynella down but it will likely come back. I think the only sure cure for brooklynella is formalin , but it's not OTC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts