Wireless adapter for apex Jr

I wonder how often people really have issues with "spotty" Wi-Fi. It seems pretty solid these days.

I run a gaming network extender in my stand and it just piggybacks on my Wi-Fi and provides a hard line connection for the apex. It works great and has for years.

To update the apex you could try doing so via wireless, I honestly think it would be fine. That our to be safe just update it by buying a large Ethernet cable and snaking it through your house just for the update. They need to get updated very rarely so this is a fine fix.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Also, using your powerline as the transmission methods worries me far more than updating on wireless. From what I understand signal integrity via powerline transmission is not great. I have not looked into it in detail though, perhaps it is fine. Just my 2c

I guess the point would be,
buy a big *** long Ethernet cable + a wireless router vs just buying the power line adapter. A less then perfect connection vs a possibility of bricking your apex and I think more cost effective too to just buy a power line?

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Also, using your powerline as the transmission methods worries me far more than updating on wireless. From what I understand signal integrity via powerline transmission is not great. I have not looked into it in detail though, perhaps it is fine. Just my 2c

A quick search wifi vs powerline.

Wifi is great but have you recently scanned all the signals in your area.
If you are using Wifi make sure you pick a uncrowded channel.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
Question??
If you lost your wifi connection what happens?? Does the apex still function on its own without any worrys?

Ime range extenders are wireless. Even worse, most need to be setup as there own network, separate from the main house network. For example, my main house network is used by the extender in my back porch. When im 1 acre away at my pool, i see the extenders network name and connect to that. I cant see the main house network. So it increases the complexity of the network. Thats ok for browsing, but for tank monitoring i would go wired, or powerline wired which is the same thing.

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
Think in gonna try this one. In sure the wireless will work but I like the idea of being hard wired.
But now I have to stand in the Wallmart return line :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts